View previous topic | View next topic

Why no Clive Anderson?

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Neotenic
752945.  Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Was Bill on tour for the filming of the F series? I don't keep up with such matters or what else the panellists do in the UK, but I do hope to see Clive back in the fold.

Actually, Bill went on the record to say that he didn't enjoy doing panel shows a great deal, and took some time off from them all.

Probably a good thing, as Tinselworm was arguably the weakest set he's come out with in some considerable time. I don't think Bill has ever really shone on QI - but people are prepared to cut him a bit more slack than others because of the ridiculously high quality of shows like Part Troll.

busk31
752954.  Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:02 pm Reply with quote

Will there be a show on hypocrisy?...Or would that just be -monumentally tiresome..

cassius335
754732.  Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote

bombmaniac wrote:
i actually find Gyles Brandreth to be quite entertaining and interesting. i particularly enjoy watching when he is one of the panelists. for me there is enough humour in the show already to account for his long winded accounts of everything historical, factual, and interesting.

Rory McGrath on the other hand, is a boring know it all, with an awful voice, a face like the nerd in your class at high school, and hair like Seinfeld's Kramer. there is nothing engaging about him, and i personally am glad the show is rid of him. i used to sit there watching, waiting until he would just shut up so i could go back to enjoying the usual QI goodness.

I for one would love to see Gyles and Rory on the same show (hopefully without Sean Lock involved that week). Surely I-Series will do "Intelligence"?

Untutored Eye
754738.  Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:55 pm Reply with quote

cassius335 wrote:
Surely I-Series will do "Intelligence"?

With some time spent on the difference between Knowledge and Intelligence? :p

Neotenic
754756.  Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:56 am Reply with quote

Knowledge is knowing roses smell better than cabbage, but intelligence is knowing that they will not therefore make better soup.

monzac
754772.  Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:38 am Reply with quote

Have you tried rose soup? Rose tea is very good, so it's possible that rose soup would be tasty too.

hassan el kebir
754808.  Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:06 am Reply with quote

Cabbages smell better than R. Fedschenkoana

vantheman
755497.  Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:21 am Reply with quote

Untutored Eye wrote:
vantheman wrote:
Although, to be fair, the absence of Clive after seven consecutive series is rather conspicuous and curious, something which the original poster queried. It's all rather (er...) QI if you ask me, and recalls the questions which emerged when Bill Bailey bailed for the F series. I'm certainly curious why he's not around this season, esp. given his camaraderie with Stephen and the other panelists and his apparent fondness for the show as a game.

Hi vantheman.

Living in relative lack of civilization, I haven't been fortunate enough to see series H yet.

I would guess that many periods of absence would be due to circumstances we are not privy to - other commitments, scheduling, time in prison etc.

Was Bill on tour for the filming of the F series? I don't keep up with such matters or what else the panellists do in the UK, but I do hope to see Clive back in the fold.

My own suspicion is that Clive was busy with filming or recording something else, though I have nothing beyond my gut to go on in saying that.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2