View previous topic | View next topic

Mawkishly Sentimental Memorial

Page 1 of 1

Posital
811445.  Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote

The Unknown Poster (TUP) will be sorely missed - his continuous joviality and self-deprecating good humour were always a welcome addition to any thread.

I will remember TUP especially for his rebuttal of the flat-earth theory using simply a scone and two jam donuts as a metaphor.

TUP can never be replaced.

bobwilson
812228.  Sun May 01, 2011 8:40 pm Reply with quote

At least get the facts right - it was two scones and one jam donut. And it was THE definitive rebuttal. Jeezus.

Posital
812278.  Mon May 02, 2011 1:49 am Reply with quote

Sorry - sentimentality clouds my vision.

Posital
812279.  Mon May 02, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote

May TUP rest in peace.

His irreverent perspective and use of the comma in his many complex and meandering expositions created a miasma of false contrary juxtapositions in his semi-feline allegories.

But TUP's decision to sky-dive into the vatican "to check out the view" is still unexplained - as is the positioning of the pigeon coops which caused his demise. Why the Swiss Guard had left his halberd in that exact position is still under investigation. Police are still trying to locate the semi-dis-robed "ragazza" spotted leaving the scene and merging with the throng.

I can only hope t'interwebs will reach the pearly gates - I await his posts from beyond.

RIP TUP.

Posital
812536.  Mon May 02, 2011 1:17 pm Reply with quote

TUP was so well know to many of us by their apparent encyclopaedic knowledge about everything. There wasn't a question he couldn't answer. And any errors could easily be traced to mistakes on wikipedia's pages - so TUP's not to fault.

I've always wondered whether cyanide tasted exactly like bitter almonds - but only TUP would go that extra mile to check it out for the forum.

It was gratifying that in his dying breaths he was able to share his discovery that it doesn't - but that his breath seemed to have a hint of it after ingestion.

He had something additional to say - but I think he was simply trying to desperately amend his will to include his adopted son.

Long live TUP - RIP.

Page 1 of 1