View previous topic | View next topic

internal organs

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

suze
728066.  Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote

The Elves did actually look at this when G Series was being written, and discovered that a study conducted at the University of Illinois had identified Stayin' Alive as the best tune to use for the purpose.

One of the team noted that the Queen song Another one bites the dust also has 103 bpm and would work equally as well, but for some reason it was seen as inappropriate for purpose ...

EDIT: Ms Moon has been reading the same article I have!

MinervaMoon
728070.  Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote

We are of one mind, suze. I actually learned that from a friend of mine who is a paramedic, so it seems to be true that at least some people use it in practice.

Spud McLaren
728071.  Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Would've thought that there was a temptation to skip every fourth pulse if you used Another One Bites The Dust, though...

Bondee
728477.  Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
The Elves did actually look at this when G Series was being written, and discovered that a study conducted at the University of Illinois had identified Stayin' Alive as the best tune to use for the purpose.

Presumably not this version though?

gerontius grumpus
730297.  Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Nellie the elephant and staying alive ceased to be relevant, even before the QI episode was aired. The rules for CPR get reviewed and updated from time to time and a few years ago, the number of compressions was doubled.

Anyway, on the subject of internal organs, in the male abdomen more of the fat is inside the abdominal cavity, around the internal organs. In a female abdomen most of the fat is subcutaneous. This is quite apparent in abdominal CT scans.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2