View previous topic | View next topic

Insults and put downs

Page 18 of 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Grymm
807428.  Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote

He has often been referred to as a shining wit by The Reverend William Archibald Spooner.

soup
807564.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quote

Ainee wrote:
Every time I come up with a ridiculous plot, someone I know manifests it in reality.

For your next novel a character called soup wins the euro lottery, and has lots of exciting (but safe) adventures.

sjb
807574.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote

Or equally, a lil ol' sjb wins the Kentucky Lottery and saves most of it for a rainy day. The rest is spent traveling the seven seas and such. :)

Oh, I know! A compendium of lottery-winning tales! In which case, can there be about 4 or 12 stories featuring that lovable imp sjb? :P

'yorz
807582.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:17 am Reply with quote

Ainee wrote:
Ainee wanders off, baffled yet again by the convergence of supposedly parallel realities.

Ainee, can I just ask - why do you tend to refer to yourself in the third person so often?

Neotenic
807598.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:47 am Reply with quote

Neotenic would never do that.

'yorz
807606.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote

He thinks.

Bondee
807645.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote

Ainee wrote:
Every time I come up with a ridiculous plot, someone I know manifests it in reality.

You are Jessica Fletcher AICMFP!

nicholasjwest
807652.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:08 pm Reply with quote

Yo mama's so fat that her circumference is bigger than πd.

Yo mama's so stupid, she fakes static noises to end face-to-face conversations

Yo mama's so old that her birth certificate is in Sanskrit.

Don't get lost in thought, you're a total stranger there.

Well you look like a professional blind date.

All that you are, you owe your parents. So send them 36p and you're even.

You think you're a wit. Well, you're half right.

Does anybody know what the oldest insult is?

Efros
807655.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Ugh!

Grymm
807708.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Don't believe the others, you are fit to live with pigs.

You have delusions of adequacy.

Nothing wrong with you that reincarnation couldn't cure.

Why do people with closed minds insist on opening their mouths?

Ainee
807790.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:11 pm Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
Ainee wrote:
Ainee wanders off, baffled yet again by the convergence of supposedly parallel realities.

Ainee, can I just ask - why do you tend to refer to yourself in the third person so often?

Interesting question.

I was wondering that too. I do have several Internet personas, and they do not always transfer clearly across one medium to another.

Basically, because in Second Life, where I have largely been living for the better part of my available time, for the last four years, I have been Ainee. In SL chat, as one's avatar name appears onscreen, it is standard to write thus: (amongst the Baroque Courts, at any rate, which is where Ainee mostly hangs out, with the odd unexpected excursion to a Lesbian Disco or a Male Strip Show, when Ainee's friends agree that she needs to have more joy in her life, SL and RL.)

Thus:

Ainee Kohime: giggles/pouts/stamps her diamond-heel on the parquetry floor/points at the fireworks/applauds/courtesies to the kind gentleman/blushes/struts her stuff/etc,

So the third person is the one which several ppl are watching onscreen, as one types and the others read. Commenting on the reactions of one's avatar onscreen is an easy step further across virtual realities,
so I do occasionally comment upon my typist's words, in visualising Ainee's reactions.

SL people (*ppl) aften find themselves saying 'LOL' out loud, rather than merely laughing aloud, so close is the transference. We agree on how helpful it would be to click on a person in the street/disco/ballroom, and find out all about them, insofar as they are all fantasy personas. Most of my RL/SL friends (ok, only four of them) who know me in RL, call me Ainee in RL too. I know several of them in their opposite gender avatars, too, which always creates an interesting interaction. Sometimes, I am a young man for a while, and he refers to Ainee as his Mother. Multilayered realities occurring. Easy peasy.

In Real Life, I currently prefer to be called Ainee, I like Ainee as a persona, and I have worked hard to create her, through adverse RL circumstances. Ainee is also the heroine of my novel, so it is easy for me to imagine her reaction in text.

I hope that all makes perfect sense.

Ainee (shaking her head in disbelief and delight at her typist, for managing such a long posting at this time of night, and wondering whether she ought to go to bed soon)

Ainee edits her post, reminding the typist that she is the one who oversees the typist's writing and behaviour, and does much of the editing as well. This QI Forum is a distinct improvement to SL, where chat is generally confined to a few lines.

Hell, Yorz, I dunno. I just like being Ainee, instead of who I used to be until I became a Widow. I am designing my own persona for RL, one that has to get through the next 50 years with relish, humour, kindness and hunger for what she just can't get. As happily as possible.

So there.

X

Ainee
807791.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote

Bondee wrote:
Ainee wrote:

You are Jessica Fletcher AICMFP!

Who is she?

'yorz
807802.  Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote

TV sleuth and author, played by Angela Lansbury.

soup
807838.  Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:40 am Reply with quote

Oh no, here comes aunt Jessica, run!

samivel
807846.  Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:08 am Reply with quote

So many crimes are committed wherever in the world she happens to be, and yet nobody suspects her...

Page 18 of 20
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next