View previous topic | View next topic

The All New & Super Exciting Movie Quote Game!!!

Page 8 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

PDR
1153231.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote

XDL wrote:

Also plenty of people know Amelie, it's pretty much the best known foreign film of the past twenty years.

Not in France, it isn't.

PDR

'yorz
1153232.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
XDL wrote:
The French movie is damn good!

Also plenty of people know Amelie, it's pretty much the best known foreign film of the past twenty years. Maybe besides Pan's Labyrinth.

Never heard of that either. I don't speak any French, so I'm not going to watch a French movie no matter how good it is.

You haven't heard of Pan's Labyrinth?! Good grief. And not watching something brilliant cos you don't like reading subtitles... You rob yourself of lots of pleasure with that attitude.

PDR
1153233.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:

You haven't heard of Pan's Labyrinth?! Good grief. And not watching something brilliant cos you don't like reading subtitles... You rob yourself of lots of pleasure with that attitude.

A Tail of Too Cities

"Run, definitely run"

Alfred E Neuman
1153237.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
And not watching something brilliant cos you don't like reading subtitles... You rob yourself of lots of pleasure with that attitude.

I think you'll find that what you consider brilliant and what I consider brilliant don't overlap by very much. And I suspect that you don't make all that many friends with that attitude.

'yorz
1153241.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote

Who am I to compare taste? Each to their own. That's not what I meant.

Alfred E Neuman
1153247.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
Who am I to compare taste? Each to their own. That's not what I meant.

Sorry, that came across rather aggressive. I tend to be a bit of a philistine when it come to movies - nothing to complicated, and preferably with a bit of what we call skop, skiet en donner.

XDL
1153259.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:

Not in France, it isn't.

PDR

PDR speaks up for the strong French contingent on the qi forums.

Stefan Linnemann
1153289.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Oi! Boys! No fighting in the warroom! After all, it's my *burp*day. Beg pardon. While both Amélie and my quoted movie have been up for Oscars, neither won, but I thought with 4 widely known actors starring in mine it would be likelier for someone to have seen this 28 year old movie. And the French language aspect, however misguided it might be, is still a major turn-off in the Anglo-Saxon world., AFAIK.

For me it's the spate of cerebral movies in the 70s produced in France, that makes me hesitate forever to watch any, still. I have to be in a mood to follow the movie by subtitles, and I seldom am,any more.

But I did see Chocolat, for instance. But I prefer, in general, comedy, action, thrillers, Sci-Fi, fantasy.

You are the Brute Squad.

'yorz
1153292.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote

So you missed Jean de Florette/Manon des Sources? Pity.

XDL
1153319.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:09 pm Reply with quote

Alright Stifan, you can watch whatever you damn well please and I see your sense. Now give me some of whatever you're drinking

Stefan Linnemann
1156282.  Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote

Anyway, back to XDL's quote, that was, of course, from Mr. Smith goes to Washington.

And just to be clear, mine was from Witches of Eastwick, withe the unforgettable Jack Nicholson.

Quote:
There's a shortage of perfect breasts in the world. 't Would be a pity to damage yours.

XDL
1156462.  Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote

The Princess Bride! One of my favourites.

Quote:
We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Stefan Linnemann
1156463.  Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:03 am Reply with quote

Too easy for me. ;-)

XDL
1156758.  Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote

Ah fair enough!

Quote:
Why did I take the job? Because I'm just a rich guy who wants to kick some ass for good old Mother Earth. I want to give something back. Not the money, but something. That's why I've narrowed your choices down to five unthinkable options.

Stefan Linnemann
1156784.  Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote

The previous one was The Blues Brothers, and this one of from The Simpsons.
Quote:
Not that it's any of your business,
Mr National Enquirer...
but I had the pleasure of spending the
evening in the company of Connie Swail.

Page 8 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next