View previous topic | View next topic

The All New & Super Exciting Movie Quote Game!!!

Page 8 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Alfred E Neuman
1153184.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 am Reply with quote

XDL wrote:
Stefan Linnemann wrote:

Lets do an easy one, hopefully to draw others back into the fold, as well:
Quote:
"I’m just your average horny little devil."

What do you mean easier? Your one is literally ten times less popular than Amelie according to IMDB. Unless everyone here is just older than me or has a randomly similar taste, which they may, so could just leave it for now.

Well, at least it's in English...

And we may mostly be older than you. The fact that you even mentioned that makes it more likely.

bemahan
1153188.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote

Call me a cheat but the exchange above prompted me to search for the quote. As a non-film buff but keen popcorn eater, I would say Stefan's quote is much more likely to be known than the previous one.

Alfred E Neuman
1153195.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
Call me a cheat but the exchange above prompted me to search for the quote. As a non-film buff but keen popcorn eater, I would say Stefan's quote is much more likely to be known than the previous one.

I should have mentioned that I too googled it. I knew who the actor was, but not which movie. On the other hand, I have never heard of the French movie in my life, and probably never will again.

XDL
1153220.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote

The French movie is damn good!

Also plenty of people know Amelie, it's pretty much the best known foreign film of the past twenty years. Maybe besides Pan's Labyrinth.

Anyway, the other option seems to be fairly googled by now. I'll take another step down the difficulty ladder.

Quote:
You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well I'm not licked. And I'm gonna stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if this room gets filled with lies like these.

Last edited by XDL on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Alfred E Neuman
1153225.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:35 am Reply with quote

XDL wrote:

Also plenty of people know Amelie, it's pretty much the best known foreign film of the past twenty years. Maybe besides Pan's Labyrinth.

Never heard of that either. I don't speak any French, so I'm not going to watch a French movie no matter how good it is.

XDL
1153226.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:35 am Reply with quote

Just read the subtitles!

bemahan
1153229.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote

XDL wrote:

Anyway, the other option seems to be fairly googled by now. I'll take another step down the difficulty ladder.

Quote:
You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well I'm not licked. And I'm gonna stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if this room gets filled with lies like these.

I know AEN said we're old, but we're not that old. :)

PDR
1153231.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote

XDL wrote:

Also plenty of people know Amelie, it's pretty much the best known foreign film of the past twenty years.

Not in France, it isn't.

PDR

'yorz
1153232.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
XDL wrote:

Never heard of that either. I don't speak any French, so I'm not going to watch a French movie no matter how good it is.

You haven't heard of Pan's Labyrinth?! Good grief. And not watching something brilliant cos you don't like reading subtitles... You rob yourself of lots of pleasure with that attitude.

PDR
1153233.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:17 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:

You haven't heard of Pan's Labyrinth?! Good grief. And not watching something brilliant cos you don't like reading subtitles... You rob yourself of lots of pleasure with that attitude.

A Tail of Too Cities

"Run, definitely run"

Alfred E Neuman
1153237.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:36 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
And not watching something brilliant cos you don't like reading subtitles... You rob yourself of lots of pleasure with that attitude.

I think you'll find that what you consider brilliant and what I consider brilliant don't overlap by very much. And I suspect that you don't make all that many friends with that attitude.

'yorz
1153241.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote

Who am I to compare taste? Each to their own. That's not what I meant.

Alfred E Neuman
1153247.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
Who am I to compare taste? Each to their own. That's not what I meant.

Sorry, that came across rather aggressive. I tend to be a bit of a philistine when it come to movies - nothing to complicated, and preferably with a bit of what we call skop, skiet en donner.

XDL
1153259.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote

PDR wrote:

Not in France, it isn't.

PDR

PDR speaks up for the strong French contingent on the qi forums.

Stefan Linnemann
1153289.  Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Oi! Boys! No fighting in the warroom! After all, it's my *burp*day. Beg pardon. While both Amélie and my quoted movie have been up for Oscars, neither won, but I thought with 4 widely known actors starring in mine it would be likelier for someone to have seen this 28 year old movie. And the French language aspect, however misguided it might be, is still a major turn-off in the Anglo-Saxon world., AFAIK.

For me it's the spate of cerebral movies in the 70s produced in France, that makes me hesitate forever to watch any, still. I have to be in a mood to follow the movie by subtitles, and I seldom am,any more.

But I did see Chocolat, for instance. But I prefer, in general, comedy, action, thrillers, Sci-Fi, fantasy.

You are the Brute Squad.

Page 8 of 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next