View previous topic | View next topic

Jeremy Clarckson

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

imaginer
696096.  Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:19 am Reply with quote

..... If he didn't keep on about eating animals he might put himself in a better light.....

If his comment has something to do with the topic it wouldn't be so bad, but it feels as though he takes the slightest opportunity to ramble on about his animal eating habbits.... & I don't know that it has anything much to do with the subject at hand...

Can we just tell him to shut up? (Maybe put him in a virtual world and let him think that people are interested in what he has to say)

Jeremy Clarckson... not as stupid as he acts, but not as interesting as he could perhaps be.

Neotenic
696100.  Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Can we just tell him to shut up? (Maybe put him in a virtual world and let him think that people are interested in what he has to say)

Why not - it's not as though silencing or locking away people who you disagree with has any dreadful historical precedents, or anything.

Bondee
696195.  Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:26 am Reply with quote

Who is Jeremy Clarckson?

Sadurian Mike
696209.  Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 am Reply with quote

Bondee wrote:
Who is Jeremy Clarckson?

Sounds like Jeremy Clarkson's greedier and less entertaining cousin.

CB27
696230.  Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:27 am Reply with quote

Could there be such a person?

Zebra57
696309.  Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:55 am Reply with quote

In my nightmares

bobwilson
696466.  Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Let's face it - tight jeans, macho image, and you know what they (rightly) say about men with big cars - he's just overcompensating for the fact that his name is "Jeremy".

Dead Fat Elvis
715489.  Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote

i like him

CB27
715490.  Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:49 pm Reply with quote

Well, someone had to like bob :)

gruff5
715542.  Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:07 am Reply with quote

For a 17 year old, his irresponsible and simplistic attitude to life would be quite amusing. But in a middle-aged man, it's cringe-making.

Dead Fat Elvis
715777.  Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote

When you spend all day at work not saying what you want to, jeremy clarkson blurting out his little rants is like a cold shower.

yes it is juvenile and im sure he knows that it is - but that is the appeal!

its like having a little holiday from the PC mind police

hassan el kebir
715782.  Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quote

Well I'm an irresponsible middle-aged man with a simplistic attitude to life that had a penile extension of a car before I left England and I find him amusing.

Shall I go and stand in the corner now I've admitted that? ;-)

bobwilson
715815.  Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote

Jeremy Clarkson is the smarmy kid who, having been told by his teacher not to shout "dirty nigger" at selected classmates, complains about "political correctness" (a term he's heard the grown-ups use and that he thinks means something but isn't sure what) and finds it amusing to shout "ditty nugget" instead.

True - he's amusing - in the same way that the discussions you have with your mates down the pub is amusing (who say the same things without turning into Paul Calf). Quite why that qualifies him as a presenter on TV is something I've never understood.

Dead Fat Elvis
715866.  Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote

http://www.jeremyclarkson.co.uk/jc-top-gear-quotes/

"Some say he once threw a microwave oven at a tramp, and long before anyone else, he realized that Jade Goody was a racist pig-faced waste of blood and organs. All we know is, hes called the Stig."

Ahhhhhhhh...........

scottydog
715899.  Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 am Reply with quote

It always amazes me how people get upset with celebrity. JC, in particular, plays a role and has a TV persona. Now, sure, there is a lot of him in it, but the same person that dums himself down and talks about global warning being garbage (I'm sure he believes this) is also, I believe, a member of the RSPB, and occasionally, just occasionally, when they're doing the top gear adventures, he is caught out (or not) twitching at some species he catches sight of.

It's the same as the thread on here that went on about Alan being a bit stupid, it's an act! A TV persona.

Jeremy Clar(c)kson has made himself a career out of this. He could easily lose the tight jeans (although they are now fashion again!) and jacket look, but with awards falling out of his ears, why should he change anything?

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next