View previous topic | View next topic

Series G Compliations

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ian Dunn
691383.  Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quote

Can I just make sure that there are two complaitions from Series G, not one. I know that the first is being shown on Easter Monday.

EDIT: Just learned the other compliation is on 16th April.

tetsabb
691997.  Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote

My Radio Times says there is a compilation on Easter Monday, no mention of compliations or complaitions.

djgordy
692118.  Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Any signs of complications?

Keiichi
693136.  Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:

Aw hell, I’m going to be in Southampton, and nowhere near my HDD recorder...

Last edited by Keiichi on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

bobwilson
693137.  Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote

My Rodeo Tunes (which is about as reliable as the Radio Times or the BBC for BBC listings) says there will be an Eatser Maundy at Christmas. It also tells me that, according to Nostradamus, Christmas Day will begin at 23:55 on Christmas Eve due to the cancellation of coverage of pro-celebrity ironing which was expected to over-run from its intended 9PM slot on bonfire night (previously known as Harvest Moon).

Given the inability of anyone employed by the BBC to be able to call up the speaking clock and figure out the time I think My Little Rodeo is probably more accurate.

samivel
693172.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:41 am Reply with quote

Keiichi wrote:
Ian Dunn wrote:

Aw hell, I’m going to be in Southampton, and nowhere near my HDD recorder...

Blimey. It's bad enough being away from your HDD recorder, but to be in Southampton...

That's tough.

;)

Neotenic
693179.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote

It could be worse, they could be fifteen miles or so to the East.

<shudders>

Ian Dunn
693201.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:57 am Reply with quote

Actually, I think I have spotted a quibble.

Sean talks about a penguin that is a general in the Norwegian army. In fact, the penguin, Sir Nils Olav, is a Colonel-in-Chief, not a general.

Wikipedia article

zomgmouse
693236.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:16 am Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
Sean talks about a penguin that is a general in the Norwegian army. In fact, the penguin, Sir Nils Olav, is a Colonel-in-Chief, not a general.

IIRC this was mentioned in a previous episode. Can't remember which, though, and searching for penguin inurl:qitranscripts doesn't seem to provide it.

Zebra57
693266.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:12 am Reply with quote

I have met the Colonel-in-Chief on parade with the other penguins at Edinburgh zoo.

The compilation not only continued this error but also featured the Vincent Van Gough error.

RLDavies
693347.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quote

I think the penguin error was fair enough. It wasn't part of the official question, after all. Sean was just vaguely remembering something as a bit of banter and getting it slightly wrong.

Ian Dunn
693418.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:57 am Reply with quote

zomgmouse wrote:
Ian Dunn wrote:

IIRC this was mentioned in a previous episode. Can't remember which, though, and searching for penguin inurl:qitranscripts doesn't seem to provide it.

It was mentioned in the Strictly Come Duncing DVD.

suze
693439.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 am Reply with quote

It was indeed. Since I have access to the script for that game, here's what it said:

Strictly Come Duncing wrote:
7. What’s quite interesting about Norway’s Colonel-in-Chief?

a) He's a she b) He's a committed Morris Dancer c) He's a penguin d) He's Swedish

a)0 b)0 c)10 d)0

A young lieutenant named Nils Egelien visited Edinburgh Zoo in 1962 while the Royal Norwegian Guard were appearing in the Military Tattoo. He was so taken with the penguins he saw there that, upon their next appearance in 1972, he arranged for his regiment to sponsor a King Penguin and adopt it as their mascot. It was named Nils Olav, after himself and Norway's then King Olav, and awarded the rank of Lance Corporal. Since then, it's become a tradition that the penguin receives a promotion every time the Royal Norwegian Guard plays at the Edinburgh Tattoo.

zomgmouse
693445.  Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote

Oh. I thought it was in the series. Hmm.
Oh well.

Keiichi
694473.  Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote

samivel wrote:
Blimey. It's bad enough being away from your HDD recorder, but to be in Southampton...

That's tough.

;)

‘salright, bud, going for fun times: Minami Con 16 down at the Novotel. I like Southampton, as it goes.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next