View previous topic | View next topic

Homosexuality vs Heterosexuality

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

elleno
690549.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:55 am Reply with quote

It would be quite interesting to have one side of the Qi panel being homosexual comedians and the other heterosexual comedians and they compete against eachother. The subject of the programme being about stories about sex, sexuality, famous homo/heterosexuals. I'd watch that, but then again I'd watch any qi-show!
Biggest dream is to have in here on swedish tv :)

soup
690558.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 am Reply with quote

elleno wrote:
It would be quite interesting to have one side of the Qi panel being homosexual comedians and the other heterosexual comedians and they compete against eachother.

Why? What does their sexuality have to do with what team they are on? Seriously this Man V Woman, Gay V Straight thing has to end if equality is ever to be obtained .
Elsewhere on this forum there is a discussion about should positive discrimination be applied to the panel (not enough females, etc) my take is that any discrimination ( positive or negative) is a bad thing .

Last edited by soup on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

bemahan
690561.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:30 am Reply with quote

Quote:

*waits to see if someone will make the inevitable Harry Hill reference*

soup
690562.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
Quote:

What the there's only one way to find out... one?

CB27
690574.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:02 am Reply with quote

Or is that a slur on the knitted character?

elleno
690575.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote

Soup, I see your point but it has nothing to do with who's better and who's not. It would all be for the fun of it, a competition that doesn't really signify anything. It would just be interesting and entertaining to see!
It's not about equality, it's not even discrimination unless someone would view one "team" in a negative way and who would do that? Stupid people I guess..
It would just be a silly competition for comedic purpose, no need to take it so seriously. Just an idea of mine and I'm not discriminating any sexuality with it.

thegrandwazoo
690592.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote

bemahan wrote:
Quote:

Well I won't now, so there!

pdxuser
708255.  Tue May 11, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote

I'm gay, and I'm perfectly fine with a hets v homos game.

BTW, I find it QI that there have been a lot of studies finding differences in gay and straight people that have been related in different ways to prenatal hormone levels in the womb. For example, finger lengths in gay and straight men are different, and this is affected by prenatal hormones:

http://www.unl.edu/rhames/courses/readings/homofinger/homo_finger.html

And gay male sheep have hypothalamus sizes closer to straight female sheep than straight male sheep, which we know is affected by prenatal hormones:

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-03/ohs-bbh030804.php

But in gay male humans, at least one part of the hypothalamus is actually larger than in straight men, and contains twice as many cells. Female hypothalami would be smaller:

http://bit.ly/aQLPXB

Also, the auditory systems of gay and bisexual people are different than those of heterosexuals, which is also affected by prenatal hormones:

http://www.pnas.org/content/95/5/2709.full

Maybe most controversially, gay men apparently have bigger ... equipment:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/j517r35408304087/

There's also the fact that each boy a mother has is more likely to be gay than the previous boy, meaning that gay men tend to have more older brothers. This could be affected by prenatal hormones, or by a sort of immune response in the womb, in which the female body senses a male fetus as being different:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article679816.ece

Should this all be posted in a separate thread?

bobwilson
708394.  Tue May 11, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote

The idea of a hets / homos game would be fine if there was some suggestion that there would be a difference in the answers given by hets/homos.

I'm with soup on this. What is the point?

As a subject the points raised by pdx could be of some interest - but quite why that would require a split in teams seems to be irrelevant.

sandman2000k
708419.  Wed May 12, 2010 3:53 am Reply with quote

I have never thought of QI as a competitive show.

Turning it into a team show rather than individual scoring is quite a change to the format.

The scoring for the game seems to be the giggle at the end, but I do like the look of the faces of the people who seem shocked to get negative points.

monzac
708422.  Wed May 12, 2010 3:59 am Reply with quote

I don't like this idea. Apart from thinking 'What's the point?' I think it's assuming that there are differences above and beyond sexuality between the two groups. I don't think that is true. I believe that there as many differences within each group as there are between them, so again - What's the point?

Sadurian Mike
708424.  Wed May 12, 2010 4:03 am Reply with quote

We might as well have a contest between contestants with black hair and those with brown.

I'm afraid that I agree that it would be rather pointless.

samivel
708444.  Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 am Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
We might as well have a contest between contestants with black hair and those with brown.

That's blatant discrimination against the follically challenged. Oh, and blondes and redheads.

sandman2000k
708447.  Wed May 12, 2010 5:12 am Reply with quote

that would just be the first program in a series

would it be chosen or natural hair colour though

pdxuser
708454.  Wed May 12, 2010 5:35 am Reply with quote

There was already a girls vs boys game. It wasn't any more competitive than any of the other games, but it was a fun thing to do given that the subject for the night was girls and boys. And it had the benefit of having gender parity, which is rare for QI and for panel shows in general.

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next