View previous topic | View next topic

How MEPs serve us

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

CB27
682018.  Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:29 am Reply with quote

Oh, and it was quite hilarious to notice that one of the earlier speakers, Nick Griffin, was completely upstaged by this strop :)

barbados
682024.  Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote

Well I've never heard of the artic, it can't be that bigger deal surely?

I know the Russians are a bit concerned about their resources that are in the Arctic, but surely if that's what they were discussing then they would have said that.

samivel
682025.  Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote

barbados wrote:
Would someone be able to tell me why the EU needs an artic policy and what effect it will have on us?

If you don't have an EU artic policy, you're just giving carte blanche to all those lorry drivers to go wherever they want, whenever they want.

barbados
682031.  Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 am Reply with quote

That's discrimination contrary to section 23 subsection 4963 part b

It clearly discriminates against those who drive rigid lorries

samivel
682032.  Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:28 am Reply with quote

Quite right, too. Those lorries could be bendy if the drivers wanted them to be, but oh no, they have to keep them all stiff and unwieldy.

;)

bobwilson
682688.  Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:16 am Reply with quote

samivel wrote:
bobwilson wrote:
I don’t know whether you’re being deliberately contrary Samivel, with your selective partial quotes, or if you really don’t understand.

Hmmm. Well, I'm not sure if I'm being dazzled by your brilliance, or if you genuinely struggle to make concise and coherent points. It's a bit like reading Derrida.

bobwilson wrote:
I don’t know whether you’re being deliberately contrary Samivel, with your selective partial quotes....

Did you read what I’d written or do you just quote blindly? Have a look at the yellow bit that you quoted – you’ll see the words “or alternatively a transparent process by which the postholder was chosen.”

I never promised to be concise – in fact, quite the contrary. I made the point that I was struggling against 20 years of erroneous schooling. But as for coherent – well, if you will choose to take partial quotes and misrepresent what’s been said then I’m not really sure what you mean by coherent.

Neotenic wrote:
Quote:
On past performance the public will vote stupidly

I think there's some considerable difference between voting 'stupidly' and in a manner you personally disagree with.

I totally agree – but I’m not sure I understand what your point is?

On past performance the public will vote stupidly.

djgordy
682884.  Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:18 pm Reply with quote

bobwilson wrote:

On past performance the public will vote stupidly.

I think we can all agree, without fear of contradiction, that Mr. bobwilson is most certainly a member of the public.

Spud McLaren
1281306.  Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:44 am Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to put this, but on the grounds that Farage, N is a MEP (and ought therefore to know better), here we are ...

He used LBC accommodation to put in an appearance by video link to a batshit conspiracy theorist's spot on Infowars. To my mind, these are Farage's own views, not those of LBC, and he should go through the same disciplinary proceedings as any other employee who uses his employer's name falsely to legitimise his own utterances which bring that employer into disrepute (ie, he should be sacked).

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5