View previous topic | View next topic

What time is it?

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

bobwilson
859925.  Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:14 pm Reply with quote

Spud McLaren wrote:
Jenny wrote:
I work on the principle that I know what time it is where I am, and if the post time on my posts disagrees with this it's not my problem!
Well, yes. But occasionally it's helpful to know exactly when a particular post was made, without having to make mental adjustments.

Struggling to think of a circumstance when it would be important to know when exactly a post was made.......

'yorz
859955.  Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote

Sometimes the chronology of various posts by a forummer are interesting to follow.
But that's probably me just being a nerd.

Alfred E Neuman
859979.  Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote

bobwilson wrote:
Spud McLaren wrote:
Jenny wrote:
I work on the principle that I know what time it is where I am, and if the post time on my posts disagrees with this it's not my problem!
Well, yes. But occasionally it's helpful to know exactly when a particular post was made, without having to make mental adjustments.

Struggling to think of a circumstance when it would be important to know when exactly a post was made.......

I often check yours, Bob, mostly because the later the night and the deeper into the bottle you are the more likely you are to spout rubbish. :-)

Spud McLaren
860012.  Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote

bobwilson wrote:
Spud McLaren wrote:
... occasionally it's helpful to know exactly when a particular post was made...
I didn't say important, bob - I said helpful.

If it's not showing the right time and nobody finds this a problem, I'm lead to think that there's no point in showing a posting time in the first place.

CB27
860058.  Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:28 am Reply with quote

All might be moot now as the Government is looking to move British clocks forward by an hour and trial it for three years.

suze
860108.  Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote

The Conservatives loudly opposed that when it was tried before. What changed?

Bondee
860156.  Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:33 pm Reply with quote

Alfred E Neuman wrote:
I often check yours, Bob, mostly because the later the night and the deeper into the bottle you are the more likely you are to spout rubbish. :-)

That could be any time between midnight and 11:59pm.

CB27
860169.  Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:48 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:

Now they're in power they get to suggest it and Labour get to oppose it.

Don't you know how sensible and responsible politics works?

nitwit02
860216.  Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote

Quote:

It was initiated by GWB and because of pressure from international biz, Harper had to follow. I can only assume that Cameron has been leant on ....

suze
860259.  Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:01 am Reply with quote

Did Harper need all that much leaning before he agreed to go along with GWB's planned change to DST? Mind you, Newfoundland came very close to saying "no" when Ottawa asked it to fall into line; I think the House of Assembly had to be asked to debate the matter again and this time come up with the right answer.

But the change which Mr Cameron proposes for Britain is a return to the system used for a few years in the late 60s, whereby DST applied all year around. Back then, the farming community was strongly opposed and Scotland was strongly opposed; they seem not to be as strongly opposed right now, but neither are they clearly in favour.

Sadurian Mike
860278.  Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:19 am Reply with quote

Are we drifting into WFHIT territory here?

I seem to recall a very wise person saying, 'Don't discuss politics or religion unless you want an argument'.

Posital
860303.  Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:09 am Reply with quote

I think we're getting into, how are we getting on with updating the website territory...

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3