View previous topic | View next topic

Error messages starting about 16 December 2009

Page 1 of 1

npower1
647019.  Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:29 am Reply with quote

My home page is set to the QI site home page i.e. to 'qi.com', not to the QI forum i.e. 'qi.com/talk'. During the last couple of days this has resulted in the following messages

Quote:
Warning: require_once(HTML/IT.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/qisite/news/common.php on line 5

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'HTML/IT.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/qisite/news/common.php on line 5

I have no idea if some update has been made to the site or if some automatic update has been made to my PC.

I use Firefox on a Windows XP system. Any suggestions?

Neotenic
647024.  Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:55 am Reply with quote

It's happening here too - looks like the Home and News pages of the site are down, for whatever reason - so I don't think it's anything to do with your PC.

Maybe the site is getting a facelift? Or it is having a winter break and is sunning itself on the deck of a yacht anchored in international waters.

dr.bob
647046.  Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. The hosting providers upgraded the server on which the QI site lives last night. A result of this seems to have been that some functionality decided to break since newer packages used completely different syntax to the older ones.

I've fixed the home page and the news page now. If anyone spots any other problems on the site, please let me know.

Gray
647048.  Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:37 am Reply with quote

This happened on my site too. As you've no doubt found out, the new templating package has different class names and library locations. Nice of them to tell us, eh?

npower1
647051.  Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:55 am Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing this so quickly dr. Bob. I hope you did so whilst sunning yourself on a yacht.

dr.bob
647057.  Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:13 am Reply with quote

Gray wrote:
As you've no doubt found out, the new templating package has different class names and library locations. Nice of them to tell us, eh?

Aye, that was a nice surprise this morning. So much for backwards compatibility :)

npower1 wrote:
I hope you did so whilst sunning yourself on a yacht.

Pah! I'm currently sitting on top of a tall hill watching the snow fall and wondering it I'd've been wiser to park my car at the bottom of the hill for when I have to go home at the end of the day.

Page 1 of 1