zomgmouse
655773.  Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 am Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZmx0jml1jk

Prof Wind Up Merchant
658240.  Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:48 pm Reply with quote

I was wondering about this.

Keiichi
682588.  Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Anyone got any idea when (or now, so it appears, even if) the Beeb’s going to show the first few XLs of series G they missed before?

The TV guide I get shows that they were meant to be showing “Gardens” in XL form tonight - nope; instead, they’re showing a depressing-as-hell documentary called Requiem For Detroit. As someone who’s watched the Lions die on their assembled rear ends for many a year, I don’t need to be told of this.

Just Say No To Vorderman
682640.  Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Bloody BBC :-(

Replacing QI for yet more fucking lambing :-( how could they not have known this in advance and printed in in their own damned magazine instead of leading us to think there might actually be something amusing on tonight

By the way, I enjoyed the Detroit thing but would have enjoyed it far more at its scheduled time...BEFORE QI XL

suze
682641.  Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:00 pm Reply with quote

According to the schedules on the BBC website, tonight's - very exciting, I'm sure - live lambing was Episode 6 of 5!

I really do wish they'd stop bouncing QI around the schedules - by this time next week, the main show on BBC1 will have been pre-empted three times on a Friday evening, and twice we've been promised one of the "missing" XLs on a Saturday on BBC2 and then not got it.

Right now, the BBC2 schedule for next Saturday shows one of those missing episodes. I'll believe this when I see it.

bobwilson
682706.  Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 am Reply with quote

The only chance we have of sensible scheduling at the Beeb is when they make it compulsory for all pony tails to be docked at the door. In the meantime we'll continue to be subected to the whims of failed advertising executives mostly called Tristram who think the height of culture is to hold a wine tasting in the British Museum.

And it's not just QI - what about Mastermind. Even though it's been fucked around by the Humphreys mafia with it's pretentious intro shots they could at least stick it in a regular slot. And then there's Pointless - which was a fairly decent show now fucked around by some ponytails who decided it needed a lot more irrelevance.

samivel
682750.  Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:19 am Reply with quote

Is there an 'ignore' button on here?

FFS bob, all your posts are about how shit and stupid other people are. That's not even remotely QI.

Keiichi
688132.  Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:10 pm Reply with quote

This is getting ridiculous now. XL isn’t even being listed on the BBC’s website at all. You’d think they wanted rid of the whole damn show the way they’ve scheduled this season.

If QI ends up on Sky, there won’t be a circle of Hell deep enough for the Beeb to go to. Into Lucifer’s mouth with you, Auntie, go on…

Totoro
689106.  Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:48 am Reply with quote

Bloody ridiculous isn't it? The BBC couldn't run a p*ss-up in a brewery.

bobwilson
690043.  Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:18 pm Reply with quote

samivel wrote:
Is there an 'ignore' button on here?

Yep there is - it's called "read the poster ID". Do feel free to skip over anything I post.

Although I'm not quite sure what you're objecting to in what I've posted. On this thread there seems to be consensus that fucking about with the schedules is not popular.

Quote:
FFS bob, all your posts are about how shit and stupid other people are. That's not even remotely QI.

I've just looked back over my posts and about 30% of recent ones are about how shit and stupid other people are. That is quite a high proportion admittedly, but it hardly qualifies as all.

I'm not quite in the Littlejohn category - I haven't actually made up anything so far.

To stick with the topic of the thread here's a few suggestions - do tell me which, if any, of these you fundamentally disagree with:

1. If a programme is scheduled to start at 6PM it should start at 6PM
2. If two programmes which are on separate channels controlled by the same broadcaster, have similar content and can expect to attract similar audiences then the broadcaster should endeavour to ensure that the programmes don't clash
3. If a programme is popular and no specific demand is recorded to change its' format then don't change its' format
4. When editing a programme for broadcast try to mimic the experience which would occur had the expected viewer been in the audience at the time of recording (ah - having written that I now think I know what was written in the text that davidbod referred to - and how that got translated into the travesty that is OnlyConnect).

Totoro
690104.  Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:45 am Reply with quote

I see that there is no QI XL in the schedules this Saturday either ............ I'm not happy.

thegrandwazoo
690591.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote

I'm really frightened now. Reading bobwilsons posts I could hear myself. God, I must get out more!

(Well done bob, keep ranting, occasionally you get one on target)

Bondee
690729.  Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:50 pm Reply with quote

Let's think "half full" for a moment...

If they schedule the XLs after the regular eppys have finished, the series lasts longer.
: )

Just Say No To Vorderman
691130.  Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote

Bondee wrote:
Let's think "half full" for a moment...

If they schedule the XLs after the regular eppys have finished, the series lasts longer.
: )

Aye, but it really screws my recordings of the series:-(
Seeing as the bastards can't get it together to release DVDs any more I was patiently sitting by the DVD recorder for each episode every week.

I see from the new Radio Times they're showing a compilation episode from this series....why can't they just get on with showing the fucking series? :-(

Totoro
691235.  Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Just Say No To Vorderman wrote:

I see from the new Radio Times they're showing a compilation episode from this series....why can't they just get on with showing the fucking series? :-(

Because they don't have a f*cking clue, and even if they did they wouldn't give a monkey's testicles as QI is far too intelligent for them to get their pea-sized brains around?

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next