View previous topic | View next topic

Halesowen

Page 1 of 1

Rudolph Hucker
625214.  Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote

I have no prejudice against any west Midlands town but can someone please tell me just why it is that we celebrate Halesowen at the end of this month?

 
Spud McLaren
627172.  Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote

I don't know, Rudolph. In the same questing vein, I have never understood why anyone would give up their favourite food for lint - doesn't seem at all a fair exchange to me.

Are we on the same track?

 
Rudolph Hucker
627178.  Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Quite possibly but you'd have to be somewhere near platform 7.

 
QiScorpion
627791.  Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Spud McLaren wrote:
I don't know, Rudolph. In the same questing vein, I have never understood why anyone would give up their favourite food for lint - doesn't seem at all a fair exchange to me.

Are we on the same track?



it may well be a typo there Spud, but it's "Lent" people give up stuff for :P Not just food either, people give up TV and so on.

it's a Christian tradition reflecting the 40 days and 40 nights Jesus spent in the desert without whatever comforts his life offered and being tempted by Satan.

Please don't reply (this applies to all) "Oh that's just silly" because i'm horrendously angry right now (venting thread) and will likely tear you a new one.

 
mckeonj
627799.  Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Spud Murphy, not McLaren

 
Rudolph Hucker
627843.  Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote

QiScorpion wrote:
Spud McLaren wrote:
I don't know, Rudolph. In the same questing vein, I have never understood why anyone would give up their favourite food for lint - doesn't seem at all a fair exchange to me.

Are we on the same track?



it may well be a typo there Spud, but it's "Lent" people give up stuff for :P Not just food either, people give up TV and so on.

it's a Christian tradition reflecting the 40 days and 40 nights Jesus spent in the desert without whatever comforts his life offered and being tempted by Satan.

Please don't reply (this applies to all) "Oh that's just silly" because i'm horrendously angry right now (venting thread) and will likely tear you a new one.


Please don't reply??? If you don't want replies, don't post!

As for 'May well be a typo there,Spud, but Lent..... FFS this thread is a very old and revered joke that I bring out every year and only I find funny.

Please do not get all touchy over some imagined slight on your publicly professed bizarre belief system and while you're at it you can stop that threat of physical violence. Tear you a new one indeed. If you say anything like that again I'll come round to yours, tear your arm off and beat you to a pulp with the soggy end.

Now stop being a naughty baby and get back in your playpen.

 
Davini994
627886.  Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote

Why is it that call centre operatives keep offering me tea for tango? I'm only trying to pay my gas bill, why would I want to get involved in bizarre swaps?

 
Rudolph Hucker
627895.  Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote

I'd say it would be a bad trade as well.
There's loads of e numbers in that filthy orange stuff - you stay with your sacred char, Davini994.

 
Spud McLaren
627911.  Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Rudolph Hucker wrote:
.... FFS this thread is a very old and revered joke that I bring out every year and only I find funny.


No, not just you...I found it sufficiently amusing to add my twopennyworth. And I hadn't heard it before!

Anyway, time for my supper - Yom Kippers, I think.

 
Spud McLaren
628211.  Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote

mckeonj wrote:
Spud Murphy, not McLaren


How dare you impugn the name of Scud Mullarkey!

 

Page 1 of 1

All times are GMT - 5 Hours


Display posts from previous:   

Search Search Forums

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group