View previous topic | View next topic

Dandruff

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Icarus
27167.  Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote

And for Halloween.
..dandruff, dandruff so tasty to eat
make me some more of that Dutch treat...

Quote:
Dutch Dandruff^

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Halloween

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Vegetable shortening
Flour
1 can (16 oz) dark chocolate
Frosting
Maraschino cherries
1 Fruit roll up for tongue
1 can (3 1/2 oz) coconut flakes
-----TOOLS-----
Bowl
Mixer
2 (9") cake pans
Wire cooling rack
Knife
Ziploc bag
Scissors
Cake plate

With an adult's help, preheat oven to temperature on package.

Grease the inside of both cake pans with vegetable shortening, then lightly
dust with flour. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions. After
removing cake from pans, allow to cool on wire rack for at least 1/2 hour.

Place one layer upside down on cake plate. Spread a thin layer of frosting on
top only, then carefully place the second layer on top of the first layer.

Fill ziploc bag with the rest of the frosting and twist the top tightly shut.
Using scissors, cut off a TINY bottom corner of the bag.

To decorate: Think of the top of the cake as the top of a human head and
imagine a part running down it's middle. Now, using the plastic bag of icing as
a pastry bag, squeeze a stream of frosting hair falling from the imaginary part
down the side of the c
Using a dab of frosting, glue two cherries on the cakes face for eyes and one
for a nose. then, using clean scissors, carefully cut a piece of fruit roll
into
the shape of a tongue. Fold tongue in half lengthwise to form a realistic
crease
down the middle
Sicko serving suggestion: Stick a sterilized comb or afro pick in the side of
your cakes head!
From the Book: Gross Grub by Cheryl Porter Random House ISBN 0-679-86693-0
Shared by Carolyn Shaw 10-95
1 pk (18 1/2oz) devils food cake mix, pkus ingredients specified on package

http://www.recipesource.com/holiday/halloween/dutch-dandruff1.html

Frances
28670.  Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:32 am Reply with quote

Talking about clouds - why should anybody feel they're a great mystery?

Rain falls from clouds; it trickles and flows into streams, rivers, eventually the sea; it falls off the edge of the world as a never-ending waterfall - Terry Pratchett has almost the right idea; it lands in the fires of Hell below; since these are, by definition, inextinguishable, the water therefore turns to steam, which rises up past the edge of the world again and forms - guess what?

Simple.

bobofel
47860.  Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:56 am Reply with quote

Icarus said
Quote:
We are all itching to know what will happen to the climate system over the next century

Is this meant to be a pun?

I found another site on the global warming problem: http://www.newscientist.com/channel/earth/mg18624945.300

Celebaelin
47894.  Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
On September 19, 1985, Zappa testified before the US Senate Commerce, Technology, and Transportation committee, attacking the Parents Music Resource Center or PMRC, a music censorship (though others would say watchdog) organization founded by then-Senator Al Gore's wife Tipper Gore and including many other political wives, including the wives of five members of the committee. He said;

"The PMRC proposal is an ill-conceived piece of nonsense which fails to deliver any real benefits to children, infringes the civil liberties of people who are not children and promises to keep the courts busy for years dealing with the interpretational and enforcemental problems inherent in the proposal's design.
"It is my understanding that, in law, First Amendment issues are decided with a preference for the least restrictive alternative. In this context, the PMRC's demands are the equivalent of treating dandruff by decapitation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Zappa

Caradoc
47927.  Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:39 pm Reply with quote

Right now we know what causes dandruff, what cures it?

gerontius grumpus
47943.  Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:55 am Reply with quote

I used to hate the Shed and Holders advert which went:-

"I didn't know you had dandruff".

"I don't".

Didn't quite make sense to me.

Tas
47945.  Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:22 am Reply with quote

In otherwords, I don't have dandruff because I use shed and holders to control the causes... as opposed to 'I have dandruff, but am trying to get reid of it. So, I use Shed and Holders".

:-)

Tas

bobofel
48347.  Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote

would some type of anti-bacterial cream help with it?

Gray
48357.  Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:45 am Reply with quote

Not using shampoo would seem to be a good cure for dandruff because it wouldn't be constantly forcing your scalp to produce more oils (which is what can cause it). Getting rid of the hair's natural oils seems to be a rather odd thing to do, but we've been tricked into continuing doing it by the cosmetic companies. Once you start, your hair gets used to producing more and more, and you have to continue.

Anyone here tried that '6 months without shampoo' to see if your hair really does go all lustrous and lovely again?

djgordy
48360.  Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:58 am Reply with quote

Gray wrote:

Anyone here tried that '6 months without shampoo' to see if your hair really does go all lustrous and lovely again?

Yes I did. Your hair goes really manky for a while but if you can put with it then eventually it settles down. The trouble is that if you live in the city then you get all sorts of grime in your hair so you still have to wash all that out with warm water. Because I started to go swimming a lot I had to go back to shampoo to get rid of the chlorine.

gerontius grumpus
48432.  Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote

Tas wrote:
In otherwords, I don't have dandruff because I use shed and holders to control the causes... as opposed to 'I have dandruff, but am trying to get reid of it. So, I use Shed and Holders".

:-)

Tas

I know that's what they meant but it seemed a bit mixed up, like it should have been "I haven't".
Or "I hadn't".

Gray
48502.  Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:47 am Reply with quote

Quote:
The trouble is that if you live in the city then you get all sorts of grime in your hair so you still have to wash all that out with warm water. Because I started to go swimming a lot I had to go back to shampoo to get rid of the chlorine.

That's the clincher isn't it: you can live a simpler life without modern contrivances, but not if you want to live a simpler life without a modern environment. I.e. you can live without shampoo, but only if you live in a log cabin in the hills...

bobofel
48505.  Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:23 am Reply with quote

and what's wrong with log cabins?

Nobbler
48509.  Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:30 am Reply with quote

The big bad wolf blows them down too easily.

You want to use brick.

bobofel
48554.  Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:52 am Reply with quote

Gray wrote:
Quote:
The trouble is that if you live in the city then you get all sorts of grime in your hair so you still have to wash all that out with warm water. Because I started to go swimming a lot I had to go back to shampoo to get rid of the chlorine.

That's the clincher isn't it: you can live a simpler life without modern contrivances, but not if you want to live a simpler life without a modern environment. I.e. you can live without shampoo, but only if you live in a log cabin in the hills...

If you live in a log cabin in the hills, you will probably get more dirty than if you had
stayed in the city!

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next