Goto page Previous  1, 2

Efros
673048.  Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:19 pm Reply with quote

Remember

Quote:
las llamas son más grandes que la rana

pdxuser
710270.  Mon May 17, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote

Another camel fact: They have both one and two humps. Dromedaries (aka Arabian camels) have one, Bactrian camels have two. Many people believe in a false dichotomy between camels and dromedaries.

Quote:
The camel has a single hump,
The dromedary two;
Or is it the other way around?
I'm never sure - are you?
—Ogden Nash

Also, camels don't spit, but on rare occasion when they're upset, they'll regurgitate something from one of their stomachs and fling it out of their mouths.

Alfred E Neuman
710395.  Tue May 18, 2010 1:39 am Reply with quote

pdxuser wrote:
Also, camels don't spit, but on rare occasion when they're upset, they'll regurgitate something from one of their stomachs and fling it out of their mouths.

Sounds a lot like spitting to me. Certainly my mother would never have understood the subtleties when I was a child if I tried to convince her that I was merely "flinging it out of my mouth".

Sadurian Mike
710442.  Tue May 18, 2010 5:31 am Reply with quote

Agreed. Anything projected from the the mouth with any sort of velocity is being spat out in my book.*

If we can spit out food then a camel can certainly do the same thing. Just because they might not eject saliva or get a jet of air behind it wouldn't make it any less spitting if you saw it in humans. I'm speaking as a man who has had many a gob of saliva dropped on my hat and shoulders from upper landings in my time. We certainly called that "spitting", and I see no reason that a camel shouldn't be attributed with the same function.

*Well, not actually in my book, exactly.

bobwilson
711063.  Wed May 19, 2010 7:33 pm Reply with quote

It sounds more like vomiting on demand to me

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2