Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Spud McLaren
689913.  Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:21 pm Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
Haiku
Seconded.

samivel
689990.  Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:24 pm Reply with quote

You may wish to check out the Haiku thread in QI lists.

Spud McLaren
689993.  Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote

Done that, contributed too. But thanks for the link.

samivel
690000.  Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote

Gah, that shows I didn't read the latest posts.

:)

arnold08
690019.  Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:28 pm Reply with quote

MacGyverMagic wrote:
bobwilson wrote:
or Hoax?

On Flash's points - I don't see why Christmas specials etc should only be screened at the relevant time of year - or at least not during the repeat screenings.
Oooh, I like the idea for a show on Hoaxes. There are quite some interesting ones.

Agree that would be a very interesting episode! Maybe with Rory McGrath, Sean Lock, and Phill Jupitus as panelists (or Ben Miller... or even Gyles Brandreth!)

Spud McLaren
695098.  Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Horology, mentioning John Harrison & possibly Rupert Gould (who became Stargazer, I believe). Could also include a reference to post 682361

IronMonkey
695337.  Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:53 am Reply with quote

Spud McLaren wrote:
'yorz wrote:
Haiku
Seconded.

Thirded. The panel could write their own hilarous haikus about the show Stephen or each other.

arnold08
695923.  Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:40 am Reply with quote

I think it was a good idea to not have a Children in Need special in series G, it had always been awkward... Hope they will never have it anymore, in series H and ever.

busk31
744817.  Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote

The Humming Toadfish has great potential. "Most Sausalito residents know the humming toadfish, whose loud and incessant underwater droning all summer long keeps angry shore dwellers and houseboat residents awake for nights.

The sound -- a perfect A-flat -- was a mystery for years, blamed by some conspiracy theorists in the 1980s on secret experiments by the Army Corps of Engineers lab on the city's waterfront, on the local water treatment plant or even on extraterrestrials.

Then, a San Francisco marine biologist recognized it as the annoying sound that he'd heard as a graduate student studying fish and trying to sleep on the beach in Baja California: It was the sex call of a species known as the plainfin midshipman. "

Humming : Prior to the 18th century, singing was used in England as a form of applause. Whole crowds would hum to show their approval of a public statement, a sermon, or a piece of news.

-More than 60 per cent (67.7%) of people admit to humming when they feel on top of the world. So if you are not happy...hum ;)

The Hum phenomena in Bristol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzm1DY3hJL8

heh...

Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5