View previous topic | View next topic

IDEAS FOR SERIES H

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cybercms
593168.  Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote

h topics

I THINK IT WOULD BE INTERESTING IF YOU POST YOUR IDEAS FOR SERIES H,

NOT ONLY IS IT A BIT OF FUN, BUT ALSO, IF ENOUGH SUPPORT BEHIND SOME OF THE IDEAS MAY BE USED, YOU NEVER KNOW

I'LL GET THE BALL ROLLING, IF THERES A HALLOWEEN TYPE EPISODE IT SHOULD BE CALLED "HELL AND HAUNTING"
AND THEY CAST SHOULD DRESS UP IN ELEBORATE HALLOWEEN COSTUMES, EXCEPT ALAN WHO SHOULD JUST WEAR A SHEET WITH TWO EYE HOLES

NOW ITS YOUR TURN

Sadurian Mike
593175.  Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:45 pm Reply with quote

Caps lock is to the left of the keyboard....

This whole area of the forum is pretty much to give idea about the "H" series, so you are certainly in the right place.

Welcome, by the way.

cybercms
593184.  Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote

thanks, first time for me

Ion Zone
593198.  Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Caps lock tends to be seen as 'shouting.' Not sure why people use it. But for series H, one idea would be to take away the buzzers for an episode, so you would get:

"Kieth goes..."

Kieth "Ding."

Flash
593366.  Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote

cybercms: welcome to you, and to all suggestions for the show. But, just to give you an idea of some of the factors we have to take into account:

1) when we record the shows, we don't know when the BBC will transmit them. We might guess/hope that the transmission period will cover Hallowe'en, but if it doesn't - can we risk being stuck with a Hallowe'en show which will have to be transmitted in the spring?

2) what about repeats? Ordinarily, our repeat series have to exclude the Children in Need Special and the Christmas Special, because they don't fit with the time of year. Can we afford to rule out a third show from the repeat run?

3) In our experience, gags like masks or hats are a single joke at the top of the show. 5 minutes in, they're old news - but if you're not careful you're stuck with them for the length of the show.

I'm not trying to pour cold water on your suggestions - just pointing out some practical issues. Keep the ideas coming.

Ian Dunn
593508.  Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote

I personally prefer the idea of a "Heaven and Hell" theme, then you could have a seperate "Hallowe'en" theme if you like.

QiScorpion
593562.  Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
I personally prefer the idea of a "Heaven and Hell" theme, then you could have a seperate "Hallowe'en" theme if you like.

If that happens, pleasepleasepleaseplease put Alan Davies in a devil outfit! Or, more ironically, have Frankie Boyle on in an angel costume/little halo.The irony of his dirty jokes and the angel costumes/little halo would only last about five minutes, or could last the whole show and he could make really urgh jokes, but i think it'd be funny.

I'll leave the rest of the suggestions to the professionals...

Ian Dunn
593564.  Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Well, if not Frankie Boyle, then Jimmy Carr.

Ion Zone
593586.  Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not trying to pour cold water on your suggestions - just pointing out some practical issues. Keep the ideas coming.

I think you could make vocal buzzers stretch quite well, particularly if you give them something that becomes increasingly difficult to say under the circumstances, for example, giving them themed 'buzzers' to say instead of a fixed one, for example, names of kings.

"Richard the third!"

(You could even klaxon for kings who are well known, but mythical.) I think you could get four diferent themes quite easily, such as somone having to sing.

grimwig
640012.  Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Some H suggestions:

History
Health
Humour
His and Hers
Human Body
Happiness
Happenings (nice vague one for you)
Horror (which could be used for Halloween if needed)
House and Home
Hits
Hazards

And a few which I'm not sure could be the basis of an entire show

Humility
Honour
Hatred

grimwig
640015.  Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Holidays

grimwig
640021.  Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Horticulture

mckeonj
640025.  Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Hyperbole
"'Always' and 'Never' are two words one should always remember never to use."

grimwig
640026.  Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Hype would be a good one

CB27
640049.  Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:23 pm Reply with quote

I'd like a return of what the "Elephant in the room" did for series E.

Using an animal like Horse or Hippo might be too obvious, perhaps something different like "hypocrite" or "humongous" or suchlike?

Page 1 of 5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next