View previous topic | View next topic

Toulouse Lautrec Painting - Series 4, Episode 6

Page 1 of 1

PlankyBPicnic
588246.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Hello all!

Is anyone able to tell me the name of the Henri Toulouse Lautrec painting that was featured in the background of Ep 6, S4? Discussion was of Absinthe and it featured a man sitting at a cafe, with a table to the right of him with a small glass.

Episode Transcript:http://www.freewebs.com/qitranscripts/406.htm

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

bemahan
588252.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote

Was it this one? - At The Moulin Rouge.

PlankyBPicnic
588256.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote

Hi Bernahan,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I don't think it was that one but have been trawling again and think it might possibly be http://www.toulouse-lautrec-foundation.org/Monsieur-Boleau-in-a-Cafe.html

Does this by any chance look familiar?

Thanks again,
Planky

Susannah Dingley
588260.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote

PlankyBPicnic wrote:
I don't think it was that one but have been trawling again and think it might possibly be http://www.toulouse-lautrec-foundation.org/Monsieur-Boleau-in-a-Cafe.html

Does this by any chance look familiar?

That’s the one. Here is a screenshot from the episode:

The name of the subject is “Boileau”, not “Boleau”. Another link: http://www.abcgallery.com/T/toulouse-lautrec/toulouse-lautrec46.html

Last edited by Susannah Dingley on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

PlankyBPicnic
588262.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Awesome!! Thank you so much for the confirmation Susannah.. it's been driving me nuts. Typical Murphy's Law.. once I posted it, I thought I had found it.

Thanks to you and Bernahan for your help.. very much appreciated!

Susannah Dingley
588263.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote

You’re welcome. By the way, welcome to the forum.

bemahan
588266.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote

Ditto - cool username!

PlankyBPicnic
588268.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Thank you! Huge fan but having only moved to the UK/Ireland near on 2 years ago, I still feel like a novice.

It's great though, they can play as many re-runs as they like.. chances are we haven't seen them yet!

Ameena
588271.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:22 pm Reply with quote

Well, don't forget to bump up the sales of the DVDs by nabbing them from somewhere if you haven't done so already ;). That will hopefully push things ever so slightly furhter in the direction of them finally deciding to release Series D (and onwards) >:).

PlankyBPicnic
588274.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote

Will do! Can't seem to get enough at the moment (how many times can one watch Simpsons, Friends, Will + Grace) Have become rather partial to QI and Mock the Week

Thanks Bernahan.. my name was taken and my hubby has 3 nicknames for me so decided to combine them all - Planky (Spongebob), Bruise (I could possibly be diabetic) and Picnic (he calls me a nut bar but I think its because I look like a chunky s**t)

:)

Prof Wind Up Merchant
588283.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote

Hello PlankyBPicnic.

samivel
588399.  Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:05 am Reply with quote

Welcome :)

It may be of interest to know that Toulouse-Lautrec painted two very similar pictures of Mr Boileau; one with the title 'Mr Boileau in a Café', and the other simply called 'Mr Boileau'.

The second one was the one featured on the show.

Jenny
588651.  Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote

Welcome PlankyBPicnic :-)

Posital
588737.  Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote

samivel wrote:
Welcome :)

It may be of interest to know that Toulouse-Lautrec painted two very similar pictures of Mr Boileau; one with the title 'Mr Boileau in a Café', and the other simply called 'Mr Boileau'.

The second one was the one featured on the show.
Umm - the links point to the same thing - one is more blurry. Exact same strokes.

Page 1 of 1