View previous topic | View next topic

hell

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

graytart
586758.  Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote

All those chambers of hell reminded me of this joke

A man died and went to straight down to hell. The devil greeted him and gave him a guided tour of the place. He told the man that there were three rooms he could chose from in which to spend eternity. The first room was full of flames so hot the man couldn't even breathe. He told the devil that there was no way he was choosing that room. So they moved on.

The next room they came to was full of people who were being beaten and tortured. It looked so painful the man could not watch. He told the devil he definitely didn't want that room, and they moved on.

The last room they came to was full of people who were just sitting around drinking coffee and relaxing. The only thing was that they were standing around in about two feet of poop. The man looked for a while and then told the devil this room would be all right.

The devil gestured for him to sit down and the man took a seat. He did, sipped his coffee and felt really pleased with his choice. After a few minutes, a voice came over the loudspeaker and said, "Break time is over! Back on your heads!"

SteveTaylor
587451.  Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote

Is it all aspects of Christianity that have Satan as the chief prisoner in hell rather than the ruler?

(I am an atheist so this sort of thing is foreign to me!)

IronMonkey
587453.  Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote

Than God you're an athesist as well

suze
587470.  Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Some Christians do seem to believe that Satan is some kind of King of Hell, but there's no authority in the Bible for this.

Hell was created as a place for Satan to be sent (Matthew 25:41), but neither is there any scriptural evidence that he's got there yet.

tetsabb
587507.  Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:02 pm Reply with quote

Mike wrote
Quote:
Chamber of Scales Crooks who oppress the innocent, people who cheat on the quality of goods and daughters-in-law who ill-treat their in-laws have hooks pierced into their body and hung upside down.

I hate it when I misread something out of the corner of my eye; I read it as 'Cooks who oppress the innocent.'
Gordon Ramsay et al watch out!

Page 3 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3