View previous topic | View next topic

Hentai

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cornixt
608917.  Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:06 am Reply with quote

Ion Zone wrote:
Quote:
yet anime still retains the dual image of kids stuff or weird porn.


The problem with Spirited Away, and other stuff from the same studio, is that while it brings animé to a wide audience, it also increases its 'Disney' image, I think in main it is Disney, and studios like it, we have to blame for perpetuating the idea that animation is just for children and weirdos.


Disney are the distributers of all Studio Ghibli films in the US, and so the plaster their name on all of them now.

You'd think that with Family Guy, and all the stuff shown on Adult Swim that animation would have a more acceptable adult image.

 
Ion Zone
609244.  Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote

Apparently not. :P

 
Ian Dunn
609799.  Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote

I've just come across another interesting passage in Jonathan Clements' book Schoolgirl Milky Crisis.

He writes that in recent years the Japanese government have been listening to foreign powers and pressure groups about views on pornographic anime and the law. The Cabinet Office issued a Special Opinion Poll on Harmful Materials.

Quote:
They discovered that "harmful" manga images should be censored. 90.9 percent in fact, said that they thought Internet images should be regulated. 86.5 percent said that they thought child porn in mange should be regulated. Interestingly however, a massive 72.7 percent admitted that they didn't actually know enough about the materials under discussion to say for sure whether someone would be harmed, or how they would be harmed, or what was harmful.

 
Peregrine Arkwright
609857.  Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:15 am Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
I've just come across this - Itasha. This is the trend to spraypaint cars with pictures of anime characters. Spraypainted motorcycles are known as "itansha" and bicycles are "itachari".

Itasha photos


Given strings elsewhere on here about langauges and the order of various alphabets, what struck me about these pics is the widespread use of English and Latin characters. It looks as if traditional Japanese is very uncool thereabouts.

Peregrine Arkwright

 
Ian Dunn
684003.  Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote

I just come across this article from the gaming blog Kotaku.

It says that there is a bill currently in motion, "to ban provocative 'visual depictions' of characters who appear to be 18 years-old and younger", but this bill has been delayed following objections from some of the biggest manga creators (mangaka) in Japan.

 
masterfroggy
684027.  Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:38 am Reply with quote

Ion Zone wrote:
Quote:
yet anime still retains the dual image of kids stuff or weird porn.


The problem with Spirited Away, and other stuff from the same studio, is that while it brings animé to a wide audience, it also increases its 'Disney' image, I think in main it is Disney, and studios like it, we have to blame for perpetuating the idea that animation is just for children and weirdos.
not at all

 
Ion Zone
684221.  Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote

Children and weirdos, like I said.



It's funny but If I said I would never watch a Hollywood film on the basis of one example (National Treasure, Aladin Meets Tinkerbell part III, etc) people would think that was silly, but are perfectly happy to condemn all Japanese animation on the grounds of the above. There are plenty of great Japanese films and TV serieses out there. I'd watch Cowboy Beebop over any American SI Fi series you care to name.

 
Ian Dunn
684368.  Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:33 am Reply with quote

I agree. I first watched Cowboy Beebop at university. I'll have to get around to getting my own DVD of the show.

 
masterfroggy
684371.  Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:49 am Reply with quote

Ion Zone wrote:
Children and weirdos, like I said.



It's funny but If I said I would never watch a Hollywood film on the basis of one example (National Treasure, Aladin Meets Tinkerbell part III, etc) people would think that was silly, but are perfectly happy to condemn all Japanese animation on the grounds of the above. There are plenty of great Japanese films and TV serieses out there. I'd watch Cowboy Beebop over any American SI Fi series you care to name.

Funny thing is I don’t need to watch any CP to know I would not enjoy it, Nor do I need to watch any ‘snuff movies’ or “rape movies” to know I would not enjoy it. But if that is your thing, then…
Thing I don’t understand is why people who boast about watching such movies think it strange that “Joe average” don’t share their aberrance desire.
I understand that not all japanimation is like that, but it seems the more popular the ‘movie’ is on the internet, the more likely that it deviant in some way.

 
Ian Dunn
684377.  Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:18 am Reply with quote

masterfroggy wrote:
I understand that not all japanimation is like that, but it seems the more popular the ‘movie’ is on the internet, the more likely that it deviant in some way.


Sounds a bit to me like "Rule 34".

For those who don't know, it is a kind of internet joke known as "The Rules of the Internet". Rule 34 is, "If it exists, there's is a porn version of it. No exceptions."

 
cornixt
684535.  Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:37 am Reply with quote

masterfroggy wrote:
Funny thing is I don’t need to watch any CP to know I would not enjoy it, Nor do I need to watch any ‘snuff movies’ or “rape movies” to know I would not enjoy it. But if that is your thing, then…


You are comparing animated stories to videos of people suffering. I don't see why anyone would need to point out in what way that is a false comparison.

 
masterfroggy
684555.  Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quote

cornixt wrote:
masterfroggy wrote:
Funny thing is I don’t need to watch any CP to know I would not enjoy it, Nor do I need to watch any ‘snuff movies’ or “rape movies” to know I would not enjoy it. But if that is your thing, then…


You are comparing animated stories to videos of people suffering. I don't see why anyone would need to point out in what way that is a false comparison.
No, Clearly I am saying, “I don’t have to watch the aforementioned types of movies to know I would not enjoy them”. Nor do I have to ‘watch’ what is basically animated CP to know I would not enjoy it. I’m not comparing anything to anything else merely stating that some things don’t have to be endured to know they are painful or wrong or not “your thing”
It’s like sticking your hand in a blender, not something you need to experience to know it is going to suck, not if’n you have a single brain cell still firing.

 
Ian Dunn
697265.  Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:30 am Reply with quote

According to the BBC there is a web virus currently being spread via a file-sharing site which occurs when people try to download hentai.

 
Ian Dunn
799465.  Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:49 pm Reply with quote

The term "hentai" has justed entered into the OED.

Source: Anime News Network

 
salamander
1081151.  Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote

in the eighties the h-manga used to place sea-cucumbers and sea shells over the offending parts

 

Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are GMT - 5 Hours


Display posts from previous:   

Search Search Forums

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group