View previous topic | View next topic

Hitler's Paintings

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

djgordy
584440.  Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:

Being pagan is a common myth as well. He was a Roman Catholic, informing General Gerhart Engel in 1941; "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." I think the pagan myth came about because of his fascination with the supernatural.

Yes, 'cos obviously Roman Catholics aren't fascinated by the supernatural. Well, apart from the whole God thing.

Janet H
584441.  Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
Being pagan is a common myth as well. He was a Roman Catholic, informing General Gerhart Engel in 1941; "I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so." I think the pagan myth came about because of his fascination with the supernatural..............

Well that explains the Madonna and Child in the first painting. It looks like a devotional work to me, not that I know a lot about art. But as Posital said, I would be pleased to paint that well. On the other hand, I have no interest in invading Poland. Or anywhere else, with the possible exception of Waitrose.

djgordy
584448.  Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:42 pm Reply with quote

Hitler's paintings are quite good really for an amateur. If he had kept it up he might have become a very good artist.

There is always a market for items associated with notorious people, just as there is with more wholesome slebs. On one of the day time antique/collectible programmes, "Dickinson's Real Deal" I think, there were some painting by the Krays. The chap selling them get them from his father, so far as I remember, who was in prison with Ronnie and Reggie. These paintings were rubbish but they went for considerably more than chips.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2