Goto page 1, 2  Next

Ion Zone
575919.  Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:45 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Finally sign the pack of cards.

Oh, I love that. :}

Moosh
575924.  Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote

I was reading something else about him, and it said that he'd invented a special vice, that he could take apart, slid the bits into the bottle, re-assemble, and use it to flatten bent coins, amongst other things, then dissemble and retrieve from the bottle.

bemahan
575926.  Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote

I've looked up about these as well - no idea how he did it, vice or no vice! It makes my headache trying to work it out.

aikohall
620078.  Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote

I wonder what airport officials think of his carry-on luggage?

Celebaelin
620085.  Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote

From the looks of it you could rivet the scissors and the pair of compasses back together inside the bottle give a modified tool (much like the one I made earlier), you'd have to be careful with the cards but I reckon it's do-able. The rest is no challenge at all really, the knots aren't even bigger than the neck of the bottle and even if they were you could tie them inside. The one with the board has me stumped but it must be segmented somehow; after all, the padlocks (or rather what appear to be working padlocks) are.

cardsharp
713533.  Fri May 28, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote

I love Harry Eng's bottles. In fact, they inspired me to start making my own. I have recently started a website here:

www.impossiblebottle.co.uk

...where I sell three of my bottles in the UK.

britishsm
713545.  Fri May 28, 2010 1:46 pm Reply with quote

wow! ... nice bottles cardsharp :)

*runs off to check his bank balance* :)

B.

Jenny
713605.  Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 pm Reply with quote

Cardsharp, lest you be accused of spamming (as indeed you have been) I suggest you repost your post on the thread for user websites in General Banter. As it's relevant to the thread, I don't want to just delete it.

britishsm
713646.  Sat May 29, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quote

accused of spamming ? ... spamming involves multiple posts or emails - it cannot be applied to a single post or email - the term "spam" as relating to bulk unrequested digital advertising comes from the Monty Python sketch in which the word "spam" is repeated continuously and so the term relates specifically to volume not content - on top of which the post is "on topic" ... perhaps the complainant could be pointed at a web terminology website ... *tuts* ...

B.

Sadurian Mike
713663.  Sat May 29, 2010 3:11 am Reply with quote

britishsm wrote:
it cannot be applied to a single post or email .

Oh yes it can.

Whilst traditional e-Spam is bulk in nature, on forums and the like the term is regularly applied to any message that is posted for the purpose of unwanted or unsolicited advertising.

To quote that fount of all wisdom, Wiki*; "Forum spam is the creating of messages that are advertisements, abusive, or otherwise unwanted on Internet forums."

In any case, the term is certainly used on this forum to mean any posts that only exist as a means to advertise (and are in the wrong part of the forum).

*May the powers have mercy on my soul.

mckeonj
713853.  Sat May 29, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote

I'd say that cardsharp's post deserves special consideration for being unspam, as it is both relevant and interesting.

cardsharp
716849.  Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:38 am Reply with quote

Sorry, I never intended to spam. I just stumbled across the thread and thought I'd add my two pennies worth.

Jenny
717035.  Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quote

It's OK I think it's on topic enough and wasn't intended as spam so I'll just leave it. It was interesting, anyway!

Ms Eng
791346.  Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:36 am Reply with quote

I stumbled across this - and I just want to say that it is nice to see that people are continuing to enjoy my father's bottles! He did make them to get people to THINK.

Ainee
791490.  Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 am Reply with quote

Cool! Well done your Dad! Well done to you for being so proud of him, too!

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next