View previous topic | View next topic

Favourite Guests

Page 1 of 1

Cake for Brains
25791.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Hello everybody - I'm new to the forum. I just wondered which guests and panelists you have found either the most interesting or hilarious so far in QI. Now we are in Series C, its nice to look back on some of the funniest panelists the show has had

Favourite Guests:
Stephen Fry and Alan Davies obviously
Bill Bailey (indigo is the colour of silence)
Sean Lock
Jimmy Carr (brilliant anagram about cats and smarties tubes)
Jo Brand
Rob Brydon
Mark Gatiss

Gray
25801.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:26 pm Reply with quote

Welcome, Cake for Brains - and what an excellent name!

I'm very fond of Hugh Laurie, so I enjoyed his one and only time on the show (on the first one broadcast, I think). I've always been a Bill Bailey fan because I love his musical offerings and am constantly amazed by the distance he travels into leftfield to kidnap the surreal views on things that are his trademark.

I was also very impressed with David Mitchell, who you'll be seeing in an upcoming episode. He's going far, I think.

It's fascinating how differently each of the guests performs in the presence of the others, and in certain 'mood climates' - sometimes they fire and sometimes they don't quite manage it. It's quite possible to get two slightly more reticent guests who happen to fire well off each other, and then they go nuts.

Perhaps we should also vote for our favourite combination of guests - our 'dream team'...

laidbacklazyman
25810.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Well for me it would probabley be
John Sessions
Clive Anderson
Rob Brydon
Although
Bill Bailey
Rich Hall
Phil Jupitus
would work as well.

dotcom
25814.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:14 pm Reply with quote

Ooh.

Bill Bailey
Either Rich or The One With The Glasses. You know.
Jo Brand

I would put Hugh Laurie in, but he's funny in a quiet way and the others are loud. Maybe Angus Deayton. God. I used to be obsessed with him when I was eight.

Pyreo
25817.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:44 pm Reply with quote

Not counting Stephen Fry and Alan (because they're not really 'guests'), I like Bill Bailey best. For pretty obvious reasons.

Jimmy Carr has had his moments, although I've sometimes wondered how he did do that anagram thing; it just seems too briliant. Either he was being passed extra letters or someone that amazing should probably be on the show more often.

dotcom
25818.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:53 pm Reply with quote

Bill Bailey's just fantastic.

Flash
25820.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote

I like the way Bill often starts a sentence when he clearly has no idea of how it's going to end.

Natalie
25824.  Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Bill Bailey and Jo Brand are my favourites. I liked it when Bill was commenting on Stephen Fry's use of "Hullo" in daily life.

I missed the one with Hugh Laurie. Shame.

Cake for Brains
25841.  Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:00 am Reply with quote

My favourite guest combination would be:

Alan Davies
Bill Bailey
Sean Lock
Jo Brand

Incidentally this 'dream team' is the ensemble for the opening episode of Series B, which has to be the funniest QI episode to date.

I am eagerely awaiting David Mitchell's contribution later on in this series now. Was he the one who was in Peep Show on Channel 4?

Gray
25850.  Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:19 am Reply with quote

He was indeed, with Rob Webb. There's a new series of Peep Show awaiting broadcast, as well as a new chat show (on BBC3, I think) which Mitchell hosts.

lostexpectation
26909.  Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:04 pm Reply with quote

do you both work in the bbc?

Page 1 of 1