Episode 7

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

brackett
30668.  Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Number 7, let us discuss...

brackett
30673.  Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:42 pm Reply with quote

I'm going to go out a small limb here - a limb roughly the size of a small childs arm - and say that that was the best episode of QI I have seen.

Visually it was beautiful- the stars rushing behind the panel, the cactus, the tortoise, sharks teeth, fluff and lint, the plane.

Not only that, but, Stephen in his brilliant suit, Alan in his bright green shirt, and Rich in his red.

It just made such a visually interesting show to watch.

The questions were great, perfect tone - silly at points and interesting as quite, at other points.

There was something very special and different about tonights episode. Did anyone else get that feeling?

Amie
30682.  Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:03 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Not only that, but, Stephen in his brilliant suit, Alan in his bright green shirt, and Rich in his red.

I do have to say that the suit Stephen was wearing was rather impressive.

However slightly disappointed we didn't hear more of Alan's mexican accent..
otherwise a rather marvellous episode as usual!

Anna
30688.  Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote

Oh I love them all! It cuts me to the heart to have to delete them from my computer. =(

Amie
30689.  Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:19 pm Reply with quote

You get them on your computer? Oo the fun!

laidbacklazyman
30722.  Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:24 pm Reply with quote

brackett Yes it was a very good show it did seem to gel
Amie Yes we did hear ir just not enough of it, the audience was laughing over it (how rude) and you can get them on your computer in wonderful technicolour still life, you just need to know where to look

As for my thoughts on show 7, right from the start with the 62 mile parachute jump had me hooked to the end, just see my start to QQ10. Thats what QI is all about.

JumpingJack
30726.  Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote

Last night's episode certainly went down very well in the QI Club tonight. About 15 people watched it and there was a good deal of merrie larfing.

Anna
30741.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:39 am Reply with quote

Amie wrote:
You get them on your computer? Oo the fun!

Indeed. It's the only way I get to see them but they do take up a lot of room.

Jenny
30811.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:30 am Reply with quote

Where do you get them from, Anna?

Anna
30816.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:47 am Reply with quote

I download them using a P2P client called eMule. The episodes usually take a few days to appear but tend to download fairly quickly. Of course it's technically illegal but with no firm promises of a dvd set, and zero chance of seeing it on French tv, I don't feel too bad about it. =D

eggshaped
30817.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote

Notwithstanding its blatant illegality, what do people think about filesharing?

For instance it has been said that illegal downloads may cause the death of the Music industry, but in actual fact its forced it to evolve. Now legal downloading is a massive industry and downloads are counted in the charts.

A few weeks ago, top Sheffield combo the Arctic Monkeys reached number one thanks to word of mouth and a massive internet following. Fans illegally swapped files and downloaded demos, however when a single was finally released, it beat McFly (a similar styled, but altogether more manufactured group) to number one.

This seems more like saving the music industry than killing it, however I must admit that I'm not a downloader myself - much prefer having the cd in my collection any day.

Jenny
30826.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quote

Downloading feels to most people much like taking a book out of the library. The problem is that this doesn't help the person whose livelihood is essentially being ripped off by freeloaders.

Anna
30833.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:40 am Reply with quote

Like I suggested in my earlier post, I don't feel bad about downloading things that I can't see any other way - ie. that aren't shown on Australian tv or aren't available on dvd. As far as music goes, I tend to get files that I can't buy individually (as singles). I try not to get albums and such. Those I do get tend to be ones I plan to buy when I get (a) home.

Pyreo
30838.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:25 pm Reply with quote

I get the episodes on my computer too to take screenshots from and whatnot, but I do it myself through a VCR. This unfortunately means the screen ends up at 360 pixels in width.

Anyhoo, very clever episode, this one. Loved all the jokes, Rich was brilliant as usual.

Amie
30843.  Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I must admit that I'm not a downloader myself - much prefer having the cd in my collection any day.

So do I but I do tend to download odd songs when I don't want the whole album, yes I know I could buy the single but by the time I realise I like the song they're not made anymore!
Damn 'The Vault'. (Incase you don't know it's a music channel!)

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next