View previous topic | View next topic

Forget US, what about OZ?

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

soup
550104.  Fri May 08, 2009 9:17 am Reply with quote

bobwilson wrote:
Quote:
I can't work out why it has not come to this colony.

Nice to see the Aussies know their proper place

All beer swilling yobboes-whinging pom jokes aside, welcome monzac.

Didn't John Cleese say about (the American) independence day that it was celebrating the colonies decision to do something themselves?

Prof Wind Up Merchant
550124.  Fri May 08, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote

Hello monzac to the show.

samivel
550288.  Fri May 08, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote

Welcome :)

monzac
550502.  Fri May 08, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the good cheer everyone, perhaps excepting bobwilson who... oh never mind... reddygirl is right about the way the ABC lets quality slip through her fingers, but I'm not throwing money away on cable, not even for QI... well... I might reconsider if all past seasons were shown.

suze
550524.  Fri May 08, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote

Hi monzac, welcome aboard! And don't worry about bobwilson, it's just his way of being friendly ...

As for getting the show broadcast in Australia, that would be above the elves' salary level (insofar as payment in biscuits can be considered to be a salary). But I dare say the Management (tugs forelock) would respond favourably if lots and lots of money were offered by an Australian TV station!

While we wait for that to happen, the first three seasons of the show are available on DVD, so that might be a worthwhile investment.

monzac
550627.  Sat May 09, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote

Dvds, certainly, good investment. Just hopeful of current shows. It's the same with Clue. Having the dvds and so on is great, but I feel a bit tragic listening to them in lieu of the shows as broadcast to air... Only joshing, I love them at any time, but they have the lack of availability of illicit substances.

Biscuits can be arranged for the elves. Australian TV stations will need to be spoken to eftsoonest.

monzac
551072.  Sat May 09, 2009 4:27 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Didn't John Cleese say about (the American) independence day that it was celebrating the colonies decision to do something themselves?

But why do it for ourselves when someone else has already done it for us?

monzac
558556.  Sat May 23, 2009 6:51 am Reply with quote

Well it's come to this. I've signed the petition to get QI on US tv, and... well... we've begun downloading the available series. It's joy unalloyed!

coyttl
809529.  Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Monzac - you guys bring back 'Thank God You're Here', and I'll sign the OZ petition for you. :)

Jenny
809675.  Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:43 am Reply with quote

Welcome coyttl :-)

suze
809683.  Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote

If I write an inane comment here, does that make me post-coyttl?

Neotenic
809686.  Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote

Shame you've quit smoking, really.

coyttl
815140.  Tue May 10, 2011 2:01 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
If I write an inane comment here, does that make me post-coyttl?

... Holy carp.

Now I've gotta change my user ID. D'oh! :)

Jenny
815374.  Wed May 11, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote

If you really feel the need to do so (and I wouldn't bother if I were you because this lot will undoubtedly find some kind of smutty innuendo wherever it is to be found) send me a PM and I'll change it for you so you don't have to re-register.

coyttl
815440.  Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
If you really feel the need to do so (and I wouldn't bother if I were you because this lot will undoubtedly find some kind of smutty innuendo wherever it is to be found) send me a PM and I'll change it for you so you don't have to re-register.

Ehm, it's okay. I'll live with it. I'm familiar with 'those types'. :) I've often been called one of them. Unjustly, of course.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next