View previous topic | View next topic

Camera angles and panning in the G Series

Page 1 of 1

nemesiz
640822.  Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote

Just started watching the first episode of the G Series and had to stop watching the program after a couple of minutes. Infuriatingly the Director, Producer and Camera Operator keeps changing the camera angle every couple of seconds by panning to a close up of the comedian speaking, then to Stephen Fry and then a wide angled picture. It's now frustrating and near impossible to concentrate watching the program, and ruined my enjoyment of the program. Does anybody else have the same sentiments and opinions ?

To Moderators - Please accept my apologies if this is the wrong forum.

Jenny
640858.  Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:24 pm Reply with quote

No this forum is fine - alternatively the Green Room forum is also a place to bring up specific things about the show rather than the contents of it.

Moosh
640937.  Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:07 am Reply with quote

This used to annoy me, especially on shows like Live At The Apollo (I'm watching it to see the comedian, stop pointing the camera at the fecking audience!) but I think I've just got desensitised to it now. Saying that on a program like QI it's often amusing to see the reaction of, say, Rob Brydon to a joke that Stephen Fry makes, so the camera jumping is good then.

In conclusion, I've just woken up and I'm rambling on without making much sense.

bobwilson
641034.  Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote

I wish they'd sort out the sound levels for the audience laughter - it doesn't have to be so loud that it drowns out what's being said.

Davini994
641111.  Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Moosh wrote:
In conclusion, I've just woken up and I'm rambling on without making much sense.

:)

thunderghast
641142.  Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:49 pm Reply with quote

The fancy camera work is so annoying! I'm going to try the next episode in sound only. I think it's a problem with BBC1 (see the nauseating focus effects on Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers). Thank goodness for the older, better QI repeats on Dave.

Sadurian Mike
641293.  Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote

I don't think that BBC1 have anything to do with the filming or editing, only the screening.

Page 1 of 1