View previous topic | View next topic

Missing Link?

Page 1 of 1

roundhead
531372.  Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:46 am Reply with quote

I've noticed that some posts contain a link to external web pages when the poster wants to illustrate a point or show a funny clip etc.

Also, if I spot possible spam during my ramblings around the site or a duplicate post how do show the link as a proper link in another post?

I've considered reporting possible spam a few times and would love to post a funny-or-two but the method eludes me at present.

This query probably comes in the "bleedin' obvious" category but any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Moosh
531403.  Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:54 am Reply with quote

Linking to somewhere on the internet is done like this:
Code:
[url=http://www.qi.com]This is a link to the QI homepage[/url]

Which when not in a code box looks like this: This is a link to the QI homepage

To link to a post on the forum, look for the id number of the relevant post, just to the right of the username. For your post above it's 531372. To link, copy that number and past it into the box above the reply area, to the left of the button that says 'link'. Then click the button, and it gives you this:
Code:
[url=http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=531372#531372]post 531372[/url]

Which in normal text looks like this: post 531372.

Hope that helps.

Jenny
531487.  Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote

As for reporting spam - if you have a look on this forum you'll see some sticky links at the top. The second one says 'please report any spam here'. If you could do it with a link to the post, as described by Moosh, that would be enormously helpful. Any moderator can then swoop in and delete the link or the content or the thread as necessary, and also ban the poster.

roundhead
531559.  Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:10 pm Reply with quote

Very helpful - thanks a lot.

Page 1 of 1