View previous topic | View next topic

Coming Up / Soon Diary

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Zaphod Beeblebrox
24790.  Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:44 am Reply with quote

Fair enough...
Wayhey. Christmas present request sorted.

Frederick The Monk
24792.  Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:18 am Reply with quote

Gray wrote:
Ooh! Nice herpetological hasps!

And a cuir bouille caduceus!

Mr Grue
24891.  Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:36 am Reply with quote

brackett wrote:
It's going to contain everything!

Even the myth-busting pilot set in Elizabethan England?

Jenny
25230.  Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:38 pm Reply with quote

I do hope that Blackadder DVD series is coming out in an American version...

Icarus
25238.  Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:08 am Reply with quote

Jenny,

Just make sure your DVD player is global (multi-regional), and you should be able to watch it.

Mr Grue
25372.  Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:38 am Reply with quote

Oo, by the way, the book fayre at the Horse Hospital raised 1575.

Pics and news here. Mr Grue appears in the back of one of the pics. See if you can spot him...

Jenny
25485.  Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:55 am Reply with quote

Icarus - sadly, my DVD player is part of my TV, and only plays American DVDs. You can't seem to buy multi-regional DVD players here - at any rate, they denied all knowledge of them at Best Buy when I asked.

Caradoc
25486.  Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:15 pm Reply with quote

My DVD is about 3 years old & a JVC region 2, I found by searching the net that if I set the region to 9 it magically became multi region. If you can extract the exact make & model of yours you may be able to find the setting which applies.

My son's portable DVD player is multi region by default, I can't recall the make but will let you know.

Jenny
25490.  Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:43 pm Reply with quote

My player is build into my TV Carl, which seems to be the problem. I'd buy a small DVD player if I could find a multi-regional one, but as I said I haven't found one available here in the US. I think they don't know why anybody would want to watch DVDs from anywhere else!

Caradoc
25561.  Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:31 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
My player is build into my TV Carl, which seems to be the problem. I'd buy a small DVD player if I could find a multi-regional one, but as I said I haven't found one available here in the US. I think they don't know why anybody would want to watch DVDs from anywhere else!

They are probably not supposed to tell you if they are multi region, the regional bit was to cut down on cheap imports & piracy. The net is probably the best place to find out, I've given up asking technical questions in retail shops.

dotcom
25594.  Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:33 pm Reply with quote

Jenny,
I've been looking up multi-region DVD players in order to get one to play my House DVDs. In the UK, as far as I can grasp it, shops are required to sell DVDs as Region One or Region Two by default, however there are DVD hacks you can use to unlock the multi-region format on your DVD player.

brackett
26819.  Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:24 pm Reply with quote

It looks like it's going to be released on the 14th of November.

This isn't the actual cover- merely a dummy wrong one.

Being interesting is better than being right!

An interactive DVD quiz based on the popular comedy panel games on BBC2 hosted by Stephen Fry, 'QI Interactive' takes trivia quizzes to new levels with hilarious consequences! The QI DVD is quite simply the most quite interesting quiz you will ever play. In the large but velvety hands of your QI Minotaur, Stephen Fry, you enter a dark mental maze filled with mystical beasts: singing dogs & cat burglars; Lord Byron's rampant nanny & Adam's flannel. You will also meet Woonsocket.

The object of the game is to progress without falling into the trap of selecting the obvious, yet wrong answer. The answer to one question creates a theme for the next.

The objective is to complete seven linked strands of around fifty questions each. Hidden at the end of each thread is a reward in the form of a secret letter. You must collect all these letters, a full complement of which forms an anagram. This acts as a key, gaining you access to the inner sanctum of QI where you may befriend the QI elves and win a chance at the coveted title of QI Master itself.

The ultimate object of the game is to have fun and to learn something. If, however, your desire is simply to be right the whole time, all you have to do is play the game over and over again for a week or so and then you can then impress your friends and apply for an "I'm A Hateful Little Smartarse" badge.

Caradoc
26830.  Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote

Can't I just buy the badge

Jenny
26837.  Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote

You could always make one, Carl.

Caradoc
26842.  Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:21 pm Reply with quote

But I have a dominant bone idleness gene

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next