View previous topic | View next topic

Leaders with only one ball

Page 1 of 1

helgrind05
503545.  Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

In the fashion episode, the buzzer was sounded for saying that Hitler had only one ball.

Actually, turns out that the old rhyme about Hitler is actually quite possibly true.
By coincidence I read it in either the New Scientist or the Fortean Times, can't remember which, so I found this to show my friend:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3481932/Nazi-leader-Hitler-really-did-have-only-one-ball.html

Refund those points! =)

Moosh
503553.  Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote

The question asked was "Which dictator definitely only had one ball?"

The link you post is The Telegraph quoting The Sun, quoting a document that supposedly records a conversation involving a man who supposedly treated Hitler at the Somme some 45 or 50 years before the conversation took place.

I don't think that counts as "definitely".

helgrind05
503559.  Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote

Fair point, fine then the buzzer still stands.
But he didn't definitely not have only one ball. I didnt say definately, I said "quite possibly". =)

Moosh
503562.  Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:13 pm Reply with quote

Oh I'm with you that Hitler may well have been unibollocked. To be honest, I rather want him to have been, then I can imagine him in his office some time in 1939/40...

Aide: "Mein Fuhrer, ve haff some bad news."
Hitler: "What is it?"
Aide: "Ze Englanders haff somehow discovered that you only haff one ball."
Hitler: "Noooooooo..."

But that might be just me.

samivel
503636.  Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:03 pm Reply with quote

I expect Hitler and his aides would have spoken in German, not some 'comedy' German-accented English.

Sorry to shatter your illusions.

:P

Moosh
503641.  Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 pm Reply with quote

samivel wrote:
I expect Hitler and his aides would have spoken in German, not some 'comedy' German-accented English.

Sorry to shatter your illusions.

:P

Lies. Everyone knows Hitler spoke in English with a mock-German accent. It happens in films, it must be true.

Colle
503953.  Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote

Yeah, and it doesn't even sound funny in German =P

"Mein Führer, ich habe schlechte Nachrichten"
"Was ist denn?"
"Die Engländer haben irgendwie erfahren, dass Sie nur einen Hoden haben."
"Neeeiiii~n..."

*proceeds to listen to ACDC's "Big Balls"*

Ian Dunn
503970.  Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote

Actually, I believe that the story may be false.

This leads to one big problem. Which source would you rather believe? The Sun or the Daily Mail?

bobwilson
503974.  Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote

Quote:
been around for decades, and of course formed the basis of the morale-boosting ditty 'Hitler has only got one b***', supposedly written in 1939

I like the way they felt the need to **** the word ball - I guess next it'll be necessary to censor all those children's books - B is for B***

suze
504027.  Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote

*** the other newspapers managed to print the offending word in full, without their readers f***ing off their chairs with shock. Perhaps if I were to c*** the Daily M*i* and complain about it, it would hasten that paper's demise. Send it to the w***, in fact. I wonder if I sh*** be asked to be a p***bearer at its funer**, although they may want people t***er than me.

Prof Wind Up Merchant
504197.  Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Hitler did not deserve to have any testicles IMHO!

bobwilson
504242.  Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
*** the other newspapers managed to print the offending word in full, without their readers f***ing off their chairs with shock. Perhaps if I were to c*** the Daily M*i* and complain about it, it would hasten that paper's demise. Send it to the w***, in fact. I wonder if I sh*** be asked to be a p***bearer at its funer**, although they may want people t***er than me.

Of course, if someone adverstised "Full Laboratory services" this would not only be an example of using the offending word but of using it in a satanic, reversed way. Thank goodness we have the Wail to stand up for our righteous values.

Ion Zone
504879.  Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Actual quote from a documentary on propaganda:

"Photographs of Hitler modeling Lederhosen were rapidly withdrawn"

:}

crissdee
517980.  Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote

Prof Wind Up Merchant wrote:
Hitler did not deserve to have any testicles IMHO!

As he didn't leave any offspring (that I am aware of) it seems that however many he had, they were purely decorative. Of course, you would have to apply to Mrs Hitler nee Braun for details regarding the latter.

Page 1 of 1