View previous topic | View next topic

"Stop watching this topic" defaulting

Page 1 of 1

Gaazy
484532.  Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 am Reply with quote

This might only be happening to one thread, but there seems to be some unusual technical behaviour going on.

I started a thread - it was 'eeeewwww' in actual fact - and waited for a notification of response via email. Nothing came, but I then noticed that quite a few responses had been posted.

I saw the 'Watch this topic' link, so I clicked it, and got the 'You are now watching this topic' page.

However, the same non-notification/new responses thing happened again, and I noticed that 'Watch this topic' had reappeared at the bottom of the page.

Experimenting, I discovered that 'You are now watching this topic' doesn't relate to the actual state of things, which is that I invariably find the 'watch this topic' link if I subsequently visit the page.

This, of course, might happen with this thread too......

Rudolph Hucker
484688.  Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote

This is only here to help.

You wouldn't know unless someone responded.

Gaazy
484689.  Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote

Good call, Rudolph! Now I know it doesn't happen on this thread.

dr.bob
484877.  Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote

Welcome back Gaazy!!

I've noticed there are some problems with email notifications with the site. For instance, I no longer seem to get email notifications when I receive a new PM.

Gaazy
485006.  Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, dr. bob.

Weirdly, despite receiving notification of Rudolph's post, I didn't for yours, and - yes - I can see at the bottom of the screen the telling words 'watch this topic for replies'.

Again.

Jenny
485665.  Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote

That's odd, because although I don't use the 'watch this topic' thing now, I did in the young days of this site, and very occasionally when somebody revives a really old topic I still get a notification. I still get notifications of pms.

Page 1 of 1