View previous topic | View next topic

Greetings and all that...

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Persephoneshe
475916.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:39 am Reply with quote

A kind friend told me about you, I apologise for that. I love to witter, most of the time utter nonsense - and occasionally something not quite so useful. I believe you have an ejection button so all is not lost. Meanwhile, if you dont mind me adding the occasional morsel I shall try not to taste suspiciously like the curate's egg.

QiScorpion
476005.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quote

Welcome Persephoneshe! Here is your party bag, with some e-cake, an e-hug, some e-tea and a bag of gratitude.

Why apologise about being told about us? We're always happy to have new people join the forum! :D

I don't think we do have an ejection button, so come on in with your morsels! :-)

samivel
476012.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote

Welcome :)

Jenny
476022.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:15 am Reply with quote

Welcome Persephoneshe :-)

suze
476066.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:09 am Reply with quote

Hi Persephoneshe, welcome aboard!

Bondee
476106.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote

How do, Persephoneshe.

You're in one of my favourite parts of the country. I spent quite a bit of time in the New Milton area whan I was younger.

Persephoneshe
476259.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Thank you, one and all for your kind welcome

Bondee wrote:
How do, Persephoneshe.

You're in one of my favourite parts of the country. I spent quite a bit of time in the New Milton area whan I was younger.

You are right Bondee, tis beautiful here betwixt the forest and the sea...

Bondee
476263.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote

An enduring memory is of a picnic on Bashley Common, near The Rising Sun.

I was happily sitting on the rug, munching away at my egg and cress sandwiches with the crusts cut off, when I was suddenly aware of being on my own.

Next thing I know, this chuffing great black thing thunders past my nose, I scream and burst into tears.

Some of the ponies had stampeded across the common. All my relatives had seen them coming and scattered! The bastards left little 3 year-old me sitting on the rug on my own to be nearly trampled by a bloody great horse!

I don't trust horses (or my family!) to this day.

The Great Prickly of Pear
476283.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:19 pm Reply with quote

Hi :)

austinallegro
476284.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Ahoy hoy!

Sadurian Mike
476288.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Hi there. Love the name.

Persephoneshe
476345.  Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Thank you also chaps - I hope to get to know you soon

Bondee wrote:
An enduring memory is of a picnic on Bashley Common, near The Rising Sun.

I was happily sitting on the rug, munching away at my egg and cress sandwiches with the crusts cut off, when I was suddenly aware of being on my own.

Next thing I know, this chuffing great black thing thunders past my nose, I scream and burst into tears.

Some of the ponies had stampeded across the common. All my relatives had seen them coming and scattered! The bastards left little 3 year-old me sitting on the rug on my own to be nearly trampled by a bloody great horse!

I don't trust horses (or my family!) to this day.

That is a shame because I could tell you some lovely stories of ponies on the Forest. I remember in particular driving up a hill one evening just as the sun was setting (I would describe where but I am a geographical imbecile and can never explain my whereabouts). At the top of the hill I saw a foal, stood in the centre of the road silhouetted against the sun. I slowed down waiting for him to dash off but he didnt. Eventually I rolled to a stop a couple of yards away from him. I swear he looked me up and down and then he began the most beautiful dance you ever did see. He bowed and shook his mane and pirouetted for all he was worth - it seemed to go on and on and I just sat there loving every moment. Eventually he put his feet down and came trotting over to my window, looked at me as if to say, 'there you go, aint I wonderful?' and trotted off into the gorse....a truly magical moment.

zomgmouse
476793.  Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:40 am Reply with quote

Welcome Persephoneshe... is there a Persephonehe?

Prof Wind Up Merchant
476851.  Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:35 am Reply with quote

Hello Persephoneshe. How do you do.

Persephoneshe
477220.  Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 am Reply with quote

zomgmouse wrote:
Welcome Persephoneshe... is there a Persephonehe?

There is, although not from Hades thankfully

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next