D Series DVD - Please sign the petition

Page 5 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

gari22
615493.  Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote

Vindication!

TheSurreal
617097.  Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote

So, we put a petition together and we've been chatting on this thread for quite a while, I wouldn't mind someone who works on the show to wade in here. I'm asuming that they have noticed this thread?

Ameena
617099.  Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:41 am Reply with quote

I think most of the Admin/Mods on this thread are the QI Elves (the people who research for the show), so yes, I would say this has most likely been noticed ;).

Flash
617107.  Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote

Yes, we have. One thing to say is that this isn't a matter for the BBC - any DVD release would be handled by Talkback/QI, and at the moment I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be a good commercial case for going ahead.

Ian Dunn
617155.  Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:18 am Reply with quote

Flash wrote:
Yes, we have. One thing to say is that this isn't a matter for the BBC - any DVD release would be handled by Talkback/QI, and at the moment I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be a good commercial case for going ahead.

Indeed, hence the petition. When Talkback see that there is demand for the DVD by the number of signatures on it, they may change their mind.

Flash
617384.  Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote

That would be nice, though it's more a question of whether they could convince a DVD distributor.

I ought to say that we on the show do greatly appreciate the support and enthusiasm displayed by people in this forum, and we'd certainly like to oblige you in this matter if the numbers stacked up.

Ian Dunn
617465.  Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:38 am Reply with quote

Flash wrote:
That would be nice, though it's more a question of whether they could convince a DVD distributor.

That is what I hope to do. ^_^

BooBoo2
623747.  Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:55 pm Reply with quote

At the risk of repeating myself (sorry but I am new to the boards and posted this same message elsewhere).......

I have watched Series A - C literally hundreds of times although strangely I always enjoy it even when I practically know every word uttered.

It seems, from Jenny's answer (being the answer on the other thread), that itís never going to happen. The DVDs are out-dated enough to prevent, I would suggest, a spate of purchases and finally give us what we want.

I had no idea that there needed to be a minimum number of sales before the next series can be released. Given some of the appalling dross adorning shop shelves I wonder if this (commercial) rule is universal. Are there no independent companies out there prepared to release post "C" series? I do not imagine the production and distribution costs are prohibitive given that they would be, for all intent and purpose, compilation DVDs.

I have investigated downloading from (Sky) TV myself (for personal use naturally!) but technology is beyond me. Are there any suggestions out there - I am desperate for fresh QI to alleviate the anguish of commuting! (BTW I have also read many of the books and enjoyed the quiz DVDs but the post "C" series holy grail remains....)

Yours forever praying at the QI alter.....

Ian Dunn
629584.  Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:53 pm Reply with quote

The petition has now reached 400 signatures!

Thanks if you've signed.

gari22
643918.  Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote

640 signatures now. How many people need to buy the DVD for it to be financially viable?

Jenny
643934.  Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote

Not sure, but probably more than that!

Ian Dunn
643965.  Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote

The petition for the Series A release came to 1,821 - so I guess we will need to beat that number.

gari22
645298.  Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote

Could QI be made available on the iTunes store? And would that be less costly than putting it out on DVD?

wdyhollywood
645493.  Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote

Ian Dunn wrote:
Flash wrote:

That is what I hope to do. ^_^

I have e-mailed 2entertain with a link to the current petition and this thread begging them to get the rights to produce the DVD, apparently the BBC sub out all its DVD producing to 2Entertain which as far as i can see is owned by the BBC but run as a seperate entity... lets hope it works

Ian Dunn
645495.  Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:31 am Reply with quote

That's very kind of you. I hope they take notice.

Page 5 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next