584831.  Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote

I, too, would like the D series DVD.

Prepare yourself for the full force of my argument:

Ready?

Here it is:

"C'mon!"

MissSpencer
585498.  Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote

Seriously, if there is not a D Series DVD I will be so cross. You can't have A to C and then stop - that is cruel and unusual!

Jenny
585513.  Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote

The basic problem is that we have to sell more of the A, B and C series DVDs before anybody's going to finance the production of the D series. So now you know what to give everybody for Christmas and birthdays!

sebsteff
588350.  Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote

I think that someone should set up some sort of petition for them to release the D series

Sadurian Mike
588363.  Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:40 am Reply with quote

Are you advocating involving Amnesty International?

gari22
592315.  Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:31 pm Reply with quote

The BBC makes DVDs of lots of rubbish old shows from years ago that no-one watches. Are you really saying that the lack of an audience is not a problem to pumping out those shows but it is for QI?

If you are saying that, I disagree.

cybercms
593157.  Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote

i think qi series d on dvd wont be out til at the christmas period

all the rest cama out fairly quickly whats the held up with d

samivel
593431.  Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:34 am Reply with quote

Read the other posts on this thread and you'll find out.

TheSurreal
596564.  Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:01 am Reply with quote

gari22 has a point. Why are the BBC being so strict with this show coming out on DVD, when they are happy to pump crap onto the shelves of our local HMV (or... um... all the others are closed).

I didn't watch all the episodes in series D and E because I figured it will all come out on DVD eventually, but if doesn't... I shall be SO CROSS!

The disks don't cost very much, just use one colour printing on the disk and put it in a cardboard sleeve. I don't think any of us would care if they were not in proper cases.

Moosh
596590.  Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:59 am Reply with quote

If the BBC are that worried about the costs involved, why not make them available for download (for a price, obviously)? I'd prefer a DVD, but I could always burn my own.

TheSurreal
598203.  Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:37 am Reply with quote

Another great idea.

Moosh is right, let us pay for and download them online. Then you could use the revenue from those download sales to produce a DVD of the E series = everyones a winner!

I would happily download them (providing they were available somewhere else as well as iTunes as I don't use it).

jadiebabe1
600403.  Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote

They best release Dvds of the D series and following series. I will not be happy if my QI collection stops at three DVDs. lol. :(

andyst
602026.  Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:42 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
The basic problem is that we have to sell more of the A, B and C series DVDs before anybody's going to finance the production of the D series. So now you know what to give everybody for Christmas and birthdays!

I doubt people are going to suddenly buy seriesí that are four years old!
But QI has grown in popularity since itís move to BBC1 hasnít it (i donít have figures to hand, thatís just a guess!) so wouldnít it sell better? That it turn might encourage sales of the Ďolderí series.

Totally agree with those here who suggest the cheaper alternative of making them available via digital download (not crappy iPlayer). Itunes or whatever.

Ian Dunn
602080.  Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:51 am Reply with quote

Has anyone thought of setting up a Facebook demanding the change? I recently set up a "Broadcast QI in America" Facebook group about a week ago. It currently has 52 members. Just set up the group, invite your friends to join it, get them to invite your friends and it soon builds up.

For those interested, you can join my Facebook group here.

jadiebabe1
603489.  Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:41 am Reply with quote

andyst wrote:
I doubt people are going to suddenly buy seriesí that are four years old!

Why wouldn't people but the older series? Just like any other series, there is progression, the main progression being the alphabet. It is due to this progression that people would want older series'; to complete the alphabet as such. I don't see why people wouldn't buy the older series because of their 'age'.. . well i hope not.

I think there should be some sort of law which enforces the industry to produce DVD'S etc of any work of Stephen Fry. His words should be recorded whenever and wherever possible to preserve such eloquence.

Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next