Page 4 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

violetriga
464263.  Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote

MinervaMoon wrote:
suze wrote:
Fingers crossed ...

I saw that.

So did I, but I wasn't sure if she was hoping that it would or wouldn't happen!

suze
464325.  Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quote

Neither was I, to be honest!

The Great Prickly of Pear
464379.  Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:29 am Reply with quote

grizzly wrote:
petipetra wrote:
Ian Dunn wrote:
The news of the Dutch version is now on Chortle.

They didn't do their research...
Quote:
Some Dutch viewers will have already seen the original, as the BBC signal can be picked up near the Channel coast.

That's just nonsense, the BBC is on the cable... Has nothing to do with being near the Channel coast.

That's cos they've lifted the story from my blog and I made that mistake :-P

And if I'm not mistaken you got that from me... I'm sorry about that :S I didn't know either.
But the cable operator I have doesn't have BBC on the analogue cable. BBC is only available the on digital version. But i think most cable operators only operate locally. Hence the location exception. (Guess you can guess where I live now)

petipetra
464390.  Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote

^ I have analogue cable and I get BBC One, BBC Two and BBC World I think. As you said, it depends on your cable operator.

Douchegordijn
464683.  Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote

petipetra wrote:
The Great Prickly of Pear wrote:
Because I don't actually think Thomas van Luyn is that funny.

:o have you seen the Mike & Thomas Show?
I'm not burning my hands on the question of wether or not the show is very funny, but I can tell you that Thomas' humour in the QI-pilot was quite different from the absurd humour found in the M&T-show. I don't think you can compare the two shows at all (of course you CAN, but you'd find lots of differences)

Belgian Billy
465917.  Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote

I quite liked the show. It stayed close to the UK original but the panellists proved to have personality. The woman with the q-tip-story was funny! Arthur Japin ("what do you do when it can't poop?") might grow in his role.

Fry in an episode would certainly be worth a try. Just give him a "spoedcursus nederlands": read the "discovery of heaven" in the original dutch!

petipetra
465968.  Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote

It wasn't bad... There were actually some funny moments, but I still don't like that when Japin opened the show, he said that "funny stories" would score points... That's just not what it's about, to me.

And I knew most of the answers, because the questions were copied from the original. I could tell Thomas had seen QI before, especially when, when they did the question about pigeons and movies, he almost literally said that they wouldn't like it because it would be "like a slide show, a slow slide show".

petipetra
465969.  Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Douchegordijn wrote:
petipetra wrote:
The Great Prickly of Pear wrote:
Because I don't actually think Thomas van Luyn is that funny.

:o have you seen the Mike & Thomas Show?
I'm not burning my hands on the question of wether or not the show is very funny, but I can tell you that Thomas' humour in the QI-pilot was quite different from the absurd humour found in the M&T-show. I don't think you can compare the two shows at all (of course you CAN, but you'd find lots of differences)

Well, yes, but:
1. I said it before the programme had been broadcast, so I couldn't know;
2. That was not my point, I was just saying I think he's funny.

By the way, the programme will soon be uploaded on the new website, qi.vara.nl --> go to "Uitzending Gemist". There's some material in the "Extra video" section already.

The Doctor
466125.  Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:24 am Reply with quote

T'was not bad, indeed. Good to see Thomas can be funny without his usual "hey, look at me being silly" antics. Good enough questions and panelists, too (remember, they're just getting started).
Interesting point - the pilot's topic was 'senses', That's zintuigen in dutch. Will they be going through the alphabet back-to-front?

petipetra
466155.  Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote

Probably not... they didn't mention letters at all :(

grizzly
466178.  Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote

I would be interested to know if there are any reviews of the show in the Dutch press. I'd like to know what they think about it and how the ratings did? Was the show broadcast on prime time as it would be interesting to know if VARA intend the series to be part of its main line up.

Douchegordijn
466281.  Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote

At the moment there aren't any reviews as it was broadcasted on saturday evening and there are no newspapers on sunday. The show was broadcasted on saturday evening at 22:00 on Nederland 1, which is the main channel of the Dutch public broadcasting network. I think that counts as prime time.

petipetra
466316.  Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote

petipetra wrote:
By the way, the programme will soon be uploaded on the new website, qi.vara.nl --> go to "Uitzending Gemist". There's some material in the "Extra video" section already.

It's online now

The Great Prickly of Pear
466502.  Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quote

I think Arthur Japin did really well for a first time presenter. Obviously he did watch the original, he had a good anecdote. He just may get betterin the next episodes. Anyways, the first QI wasn't bad, although not as funny and interesting as the original, as about half of the questions were in the original.
And they may get into trouble finding enough funny comedians.
Douchegordijn wrote:
At the moment there aren't any reviews as it was broadcasted on saturday evening and there are no newspapers on sunday. The show was broadcasted on saturday evening at 22:00 on Nederland 1, which is the main channel of the Dutch public broadcasting network. I think that counts as prime time.

And let's hope they don't move it to midnight or something...

grizzly
467321.  Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote

There's now a review of the first episode on the QI Blog.

Page 4 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next