View previous topic | View next topic

Dutch version of QI

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

petipetra
457951.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote

How did I miss this?? Is there a topic on this already?
Someone just told me a Dutch version of QI is starting on 27 December, hosted by author Arthur Japin, with one regular panellist in the form of comedian Thomas van Luyn.

I'm just baffled that I didn't know this... And I'm not sure if I like it... Until now, hardly anyone here knows QI (except the people I've annoyed with my general ignorance knowledge, which is... well, most everyone I know), and now everyone will know! I just hope they'll watch the BBC version as well, because the Dutch version can't possibly be as good.

The show has found the right place though, as it is broadcast by the VARA, a broadcasting association that does a lot of comedy. Also, they apparently actually only work with comedians, not just the random people they can get.

Sadurian Mike
457982.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Would that be VI then?

petipetra
457990.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote

You would expect, LOL
But it's really Q.I. (with the dots, I suppose people would otherwise think it was chinese ;) )

suze
458008.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote

I've found this blog post about it. It's in Dutch, a language that I don't speak but can more or less read the sense of.

Perhaps one of our Dutch speaking contingent could give us a fuller idea than I can of what it says ...

Sadurian Mike
458016.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
BBC-programma the QI have been of the most vreugdvolle mouth calibrating dignities since the invention of the naked Ms. In the first place I thus considerable enthusiastic then I had been suffered five minutes - keeps turning simultaneously with the 108 millions remaining to the intellectual bovenlaag of the Dutch population belonging kijkers of the world - learned that there a Dutch alternative of QI comes (hoera!). To I a fractie later understood that will present the programme to Arthur Japin (hoewt?!). The original programme is presented them Fry, which occurs below - especially for your - just as how I look forward to this way by the bank taken there and sat already QI-kijkend:......

There was more but I and the Dutch language had suffered enough.

Don't you just love free online translators.

Sebastian flyte
458030.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote

Bovenlaag is sort of a rubberized cotton or waterproofed material ..intellectual fabric (waterproof fabric.. could it be a nappy too? intellectual nappy? ) Qi is my intellectual nappy you see.

Sebastian flyte
458033.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote

Nice picture of Stephen actually and that other chap has a wonderful bookmark.

petipetra
458057.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quote

I'll translate, hold on

Sadurian Mike
458059.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote

petipetra wrote:
I'll translate, hold on

"Greep", or possibly "wacht" in context.

There, already done it.

petipetra
458067.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
The BBC programme QI is one of the most joyous things to watch since the naked lady was invented. At first I was quite enthusiastic when five minutes ago - at the same time as the 108 million other De Wereld Draait Door viewers of the intellectual elite of the Netherlands - I found out there will be a Dutch edition of QI (hurray!). Until I found out Arthur Japin is to present te programme (hwhaaaaaat?!). The original is hosted by Stephen Fry, who - especially for you - is showing what I look like while watching QI:

To show my sceptical approach to Japins QI-worthiness, Japin himself - especially for an interesting public of loyal fans - shows what I will do with his books if he uses his curled-up lip and same eyebrows as often als the promotion material shows:

Also stupid: all of the questions that were shown in the DWDD fragment were literal taken from the BBC episodes. Hello! You just find your own absurd facts that nobody's ever heard about, alright!

But anyway, I will definitively watch the first episode, though. But with a big jar of prunes in one hand, and Japins entire oeuvre in the other.

edit: sp

Last edited by petipetra on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

petipetra
458069.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
petipetra wrote:
I'll translate, hold on

"Greep", or possibly "wacht" in context.

There, already done it.

Thanks! :P But I didn't say: "I'll translate the phrase 'hold on' " :P

Sebastian flyte
458073.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quote

So what was bovenlaag then? (thank you Petipetra) :)

petipetra
458074.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quote

'Top layer', literally. I've translated it as 'elite' :)

suze
458077.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote

petipetra's translation of a Dutch blog wrote:
QI is one of the most joyous things to watch since the naked lady was invented.

Calling all Elves and Wranglers.

If you can get Stephen to say that, I'll go on the show and let the viewers decide which of the two they prefer ...

Fingers crossed ...

Sebastian flyte
458080.  Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:28 pm Reply with quote

petipetra wrote:
'Top layer', literally. I've translated it as 'elite' :)

cool! thank you! oddly I was thinking it was like a waterproof sheet! quite far from a nappy then really!! :) hehe. Do you know of the presenter and share the writers views? Could anyone beat Stephen?

Page 1 of 6
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next