View previous topic | View next topic

About becoming a QI Elf

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posital
452534.  Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Actually - I'm not convinced percussion is involved.

Try googling "Very Odd Ritual Indeed" - and you'll see I was protecting the innocent - perhaps mistakenly.

I discarded the non-flag-worshipping option.

zomgmouse
452663.  Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote

Googling it with quotes only gives two results, and I now see that it is a very odd internet indeed. Perhaps even more interesting is searching for simply "Very Odd Ritual", without the indeed. Good luck to you all.

Celine
1281602.  Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:04 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
No comment ...

But quite how elves are appointed in shrouded in the mysteries of something called the Very Odd Ritual Indeed, and if I were to say much more than that then they'd cut my pointy ear off.

It's been rumoured that making lots of interesting posts to these forums can help, so I'd try that one if I were you. There are other ways, but you really Do Not Want To Know.

Nearly 10 years on (wow), are we allowed to know a little bit more about this ritual and the other ways? :)

suze
1281611.  Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote

No.

It is whispered in corners that they have changed the Very Odd Ritual Indeed since I was subjected to it, but detaiils of what they have changed it to are strictly on a need to know basis and I have never been told.

Making lots of interesting posts to these forums still helps though, and I am aware that it has worked at least once in the last three years.

Brock
1281612.  Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote

I believe they're recruited from the National Elf Service.

Celine
1281645.  Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
No.

It is whispered in corners that they have changed the Very Odd Ritual Indeed since I was subjected to it, but detaiils of what they have changed it to are strictly on a need to know basis and I have never been told.

Making lots of interesting posts to these forums still helps though, and I am aware that it has worked at least once in the last three years.

Thank you, Suze! I shall then post till my pointy ears start to show ;)

However, I wonder if fantastical prose like yours is something learnt as an elf (or peredhel) or is a requirement to be one? Either way, i could get on board win that...

crissdee
1281652.  Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:14 am Reply with quote

I suspect the fantastical prose came about from being a Linguistics PhD and an English teacher. As suze is.

ThursdayNext
1282753.  Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote

I've been recently lurking. The forums are a spooky mix of dusty, quiet old posts and a few recent pop-ins.

Is this still a place used by elves—more particularly, is it a place one might dream of becoming an elf? Or is it only ghostly echoes of a long-forgotten past?

suze
1282756.  Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:13 pm Reply with quote

ThursdayNext wrote:
Is this still a place used by elves—more particularly, is it a place one might dream of becoming an elf?

I am not renowned for answering a question in one word when one hundred would do, but on this occasion I shall do so: yes.

As you may have heard, it is not possible to apply to be an Elf. Just like the Secret Service in days gone by, they approach you. But they do occasionally do it.

Brock
1282762.  Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:00 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:

I am not renowned for answering a question in one word when one hundred would do, but on this occasion I shall do so: yes.

Well, at least you kept it down to 25 :-)

'yorz
1282765.  Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:26 am Reply with quote

.. which is quite an achievement for her. ;-p

Alfred E Neuman
1282772.  Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:01 am Reply with quote

I suppose that means I lost the bet? ;-)

suze
1282818.  Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
.. which is quite an achievement for her. ;-p

I would say something along the lines of "Oh, piss off". Except that what you say is absolutely true, so I can't really!

'yorz
1282819.  Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 am Reply with quote

23 words that equal "Indeed!". :-)

suze
1282821.  Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 am Reply with quote

Oh, piss off ...

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next