The best food to eat before you go to bed

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jenny
477604.  Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:18 pm Reply with quote

Goodness me....

Dead Fat Elvis
477725.  Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote

ive just read all the above posts and am utterly confused , im not even drunk !!!! is this the LSD thread????

bobwilson
477741.  Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:12 pm Reply with quote

I've just read all the above posts too and am now returning to my stock of LSD until the furore dies down

zomgmouse
477771.  Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:25 am Reply with quote

Timon wrote:

I'm reminded of a couple of jokes....

palomastewart
784986.  Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:40 am Reply with quote

Food is primary requirement for every person's life. We eat healthy foods and fruit for healthy body. The best food is light food and milk before you go to sleep.Also You eat fruit before sleep.

Last edited by palomastewart on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Ainee
785026.  Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quote

Eat nothing before you go to sleep. This expresses solidarity with the billions of people who lack food for such luxury.

Also, sleep-digested calories form fat on the body, as no exercise is burning them off.

Hot Ribena might be healthier, and aid sleep better than any food.

Ainee

CB27
785034.  Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:04 am Reply with quote

As someone who suffers from irregular Serotonin levels (among others annoying little quirks), I've suffered from Insomnia for many years and have looked quite carefully at what foods can affect sleep - though I don't often follow my own findings :)

Lettuce has always been held as a mild sedative, though this isn't really true of the lettuce you tend to get in the shops as it's actually the milky liquid from the stem of the plant that has sedative properties. In fact, the word "Lettuce" ultimately derives from the Latin word for Milk because of this property.

Serotonin is important for sleep as the levels need to rise in order to help produce melatonin which in turn helps you fall asleep and have a good nap.

Foods rich in Tryptophan help increase Seratonin, and these include dairy products (including cheese, despite what some people claim), chicken, tuna, nuts and seeds, these are ideal for dinners. If you're giong to have a late night snack, try having something rich in carbohydrates and calcium, and low in protein, like whole grain cereal with milk, various nuts and seeds, a peanut butter sandwich. Even ice cream can make a decent bed time snack.

Failing all that, sex is a pretty good aid for sleeping too :)

Sadurian Mike
785045.  Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 am Reply with quote

The best thing to induce sleep is eight pints (or alcohol-unit equivalent) followed by a garlic-laced madras with extra onions.

It doesn't work for the consumer, but is excellent for ensuring your partner is fast asleep and therefore not available for nookie.

Sadurian Mike
785046.  Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 am Reply with quote

Also - bob, what the hell were you thinking up there?!

bobwilson
785399.  Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote

Sadurian Mike wrote:
Also - bob, what the hell were you thinking up there?!

I have no idea Mike - doesn't even sound like me does it? I might have believed it if it was all on one day in the middle of the night. It's a bit of a mystery. (It's not even a good parody although I was impressed with "you have as much charm as a slug in a salt mine")

Sadurian Mike
785728.  Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:34 pm Reply with quote

You didn't let "bad bob" out again, did you?

bobwilson
786345.  Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:12 am Reply with quote

Even "bad bob" makes some kind of sense - that stuff is just random ramblings.

There are many entries I've made on this site that I regret (and as I've often said - I don't edit after the post is made) - but I never pretend that I didn't make them. That stuff is just garbage - I didn't post it.

(A thought just occurred to me - so I tried it - I can't edit those posts).

Ion Zone
806743.  Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Unfortunately the wife was disturbed as I was retiring because I tripped over my new doorstop

I dub thee Charles Pooter. ;)

dr bartolo
806775.  Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:08 am Reply with quote

Ainee wrote:
Hot Ribena might be healthier, and aid sleep better than any food.

Ainee

I belive, ainee, that ribena is supposed to be tippled cold

Jenny
806799.  Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote

But it's so delicious when it's hot!

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next