View previous topic | View next topic

Factor, The Krypton

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

jonp
414954.  Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quote

Sometime, in the '70's, the infamous BBC* Christmas video featured an unbroadcast "Assault course" session in which the four contestants competed while stark b*ll*ck naked. 'Twas great fun.

PS - seconded on the return of "The Great Egg Race". Brilliant stuff.

*Yes, I know "The Krypton Factor" wasn't broadcast on the BBC - but the naughty BBC imps who put it together accepted contributions from all broadcasters.

jakamneziak
414964.  Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Last i heard he was back reading the news in Yorkshire area where he originally started.

dr.bob
415289.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:16 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure too many people in Yorkshire will be happy with being designated as living in the North West:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northwesttonight/content/articles/2006/12/30/gordon_burns_feature.shtml

jakamneziak
415316.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:50 am Reply with quote

Damn, i renember him being a newsreader but got the region wrong. Ok so 1 out of 2 ain't disastorous! At least he is still keeping himself busy and HOPEFULLY he will be back to host the show once more. I cant see who else would take the risk of hosting such a show following the high status that Gordon Burns had. We dont want another ed-tudor pole (in that he was good but he had a nigh on impossible task in following such a legend in Richard 'O' Brian.)

Davini994
415491.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:
I'm not sure too many people in Yorkshire will be happy with being designated as living in the North West

God, they always do that though. Yorkshire is not in the North West (Lancs and Cumbria), or the North East (Tyne-Tees and Northumberland).

If any of you southern jessies think that's a bit odd, ask yourself whether Liverpool is in the West Country. Eh, eh? ;)

jakamneziak
415554.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:48 pm Reply with quote

Liverpool (according to UPS where i work) is part of greater manchester (ducks out of way of tantrum.)

Izzardesque
415603.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote

Sheriff Fatman wrote:
They should bring back The Great Egg Race.

I so agree!!

Keiichi
416947.  Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:01 am Reply with quote

Which theme tune - the original blippy one, or the Art of Noise one?

And let's not forget the've tried this before, with the travesty that was the second revival of Krypton, bringing on Penny Smith to co-host, and the Super Round - although pulling the rods out of that giant rotating drum did look kinda fun...

jakamneziak
417001.  Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote

The art of noise tune (beatbox) which i have mixed with Bill Bailey's hokey kokey for a musical mash -up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8YvLKzj-Mg

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2