View previous topic | View next topic

Racists comments about South Africans

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Rudolph Hucker
410912.  Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote

Blimey Alex, a voice from the dim and distant - where have you been hiding?

The bar in here was closed down about a fortnight ago by the fun police but Asda is still open.

 
smokie
410952.  Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote

My mate used to delight in telling my dad "Irish jokes" and my dad would smile through gritted teeth until my mate told him the joke about the Irish dog that used to chase parked cars.
My dad roared laughing, so much so that my mate asked him why he thought that joke was so funny and my dad said, "Did you ever see the face on a British Bulldog".
One humbled mate.

 
Alfred E Neuman
411701.  Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:59 am Reply with quote

proudsaman wrote:
Even though the direct translation of this from the Afrikaans(I am Afrikaans speaking) is Bok = Buck/antelope(not necessarily a kudu) drol=shit & spoeg=spit.

However I cannot think how it is ever Ok to ridicule/insult people because of where they come from, who they are, what they look like!
It is exactly this type of "humour", when looked at properly, that tries to say that one type of person is better/more clever or cultured than another, that has allowed things to go horribly wrong! A few examples of this are the holocaust, apartheid, the treatment of aboriginal australians and native americans! And that's just touching the surface here!


Bok is also Afrikaans for goat. And drol would translate better as turd than shit. I am not Afrikaans although I can speak it if forced.

And a simple google shows many bokdrol spoeg competitions, most I suspect, using fake bokdrol, but while I have never personally seen genuine bokdrol being spat, I've always understood that in certain parts it is practiced. Much like the odd cheese rolling or other arcane pastimes you europeans get up to from time to time. At the very least it does show that most South Africans can laugh at themselves unlike proudsaman. Contrary to popular opinion you actually need a very good sense of humour to survive over here.

And to proudsaman why don't you come back home so that we can continue to riducule you here? We know you better than the poms do, so we'll do it far more thouroughly. If you're so proud why are you doing domestic work in Nottingham???

 
proudsaman
412292.  Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote

Domestic work in Nottingham?? I run a successful Interior Design Business!

The SA government needs to also make use of the fact that all South Africans are not just black.Anyway we wont go back in time,it serves no purpose! I am an optimist, I see a very bright future for SA..and can I also add that I di not leave SA because of the political climate,much to the belief of what some people in this country may think.

The British have a long, destructive history on slavery,pilfering and might I also add, they started the first concentration camps,where many Black people died and Whites!

So basically,I am sick and tired of how the British have always so much to say about South Africa and what ' WE BAD WHITES DID TO THE BLACKS'..think they need to look a bit closer to home before saying anything!

 
Neotenic
412295.  Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 am Reply with quote

Quote:
.Anyway we wont go back in time,it serves no purpose!


Quote:
The British have a long, destructive history on slavery,pilfering...


Good one.

As Nietzsche said "He who fights with monsters must ensure that he thereby does not become a monster"

Or, to put it another way, if one complains about racist comments about one's own country, then make disparaging comments about the entire population of another, it somewhat makes one look like a twit.

 
samivel
412365.  Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote

Plus, as a matter of mere fact, Britain didn't start the first concentration camps; they were used against American Indians in the 1830s.

 
Alfred E Neuman
413941.  Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quote

proudsaman wrote:
Domestic work in Nottingham?? I run a successful Interior Design Business!

The SA government needs to also make use of the fact that all South Africans are not just black.Anyway we wont go back in time,it serves no purpose! I am an optimist, I see a very bright future for SA..and can I also add that I di not leave SA because of the political climate,much to the belief of what some people in this country may think.

The British have a long, destructive history on slavery,pilfering and might I also add, they started the first concentration camps,where many Black people died and Whites!

So basically,I am sick and tired of how the British have always so much to say about South Africa and what ' WE BAD WHITES DID TO THE BLACKS'..think they need to look a bit closer to home before saying anything!


You hate the brits, you're still fighting the Boer war 100 years after you lost it (I'd hate to think how long you're going to bitch about the end of apartheid), you claim to love South Africa - but you're sitting there in England, muttering all the time. Get a life.

I don't particularly care why you left - but I can promise you it's not only the people over there who think you ran away from the politics here - you'd have a hard time convincing anyone here of that. What actually bugs me about people like you is that you just reinforce the negative stereotypes that people have about white South Africans. And yes, I know, you're not a rascist, but....

 
bobwilson
413943.  Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I'm not anti-racist - some of my best friends are racist; but I mean - would you want your daughter to marry one? ;)

 
proudsaman
415337.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:18 am Reply with quote

Mr Neuman!

Its Brits like you who leave a bad taste in people around the world!

The tongue in cheek racism, that people experience from other countries, is still rife here!

And I can clearly see you know little or nothing about South African history or there people. I am an English speaking white, I am not a Boer!!

I came to this country,because I was offered a job!!...I would like to see how you lot will cope when things go pear shape here! You are all so spoilt!

The Empire is gone..deal with it!

My Father was British and that includes my Grandparents So I have a very legitimate BRITISH PASSPORT!!!!!

When your life is so perfect..then sit back and judge others for who and what they are..and oh yes! I voted against the apartheid government!

I think its you that needs to wake up and get a life!

 
Arcane
415352.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:56 am Reply with quote

Am I beginning to sense a slight smell of trollism, and perhaps the overuse of exclamation marks?

 
CB27
415361.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:16 am Reply with quote

From where I stand it's stinking

 
Arcane
415367.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote

*hands peg and face mask over to CB*

 
Alfred E Neuman
415617.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quote

proudsaman wrote:
Mr Neuman!

Its Brits like you who leave a bad taste in people around the world!

....

My Father was British and that includes my Grandparents So I have a very legitimate BRITISH PASSPORT!!!!!


Ummmm..... Check my profile. I'm more South African than you are - I don't have a fancy British Passport, my father and mother and grandparents and a few generations before that are all South African. I challenged you because you are giving South Africans a bad name.

proudsaman wrote:
And I can clearly see you know little or nothing about South African history or there people. I am an English speaking white, I am not a Boer!!


I know a lot about my history, and that of the other people who live in my country. I also know the people well - I live side by side with them, I work with them and I play with them, I am one of them.

proudsaman wrote:
I came to this country,because I was offered a job!!...I would like to see how you lot will cope when things go pear shape here! You are all so spoilt!


Unlike you, I will not see how people in England cope when things go pear shaped there, because I'll be here where I was born and bred. You're an English speaking white South African with a British Passport and you sit there calling the poms spoilt. That's rich. Oh, and us lot (the ones who stayed) will cope with just about anything, we're not quitters.

 
Alfred E Neuman
415623.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote

reddygirl wrote:
Am I beginning to sense a slight smell of trollism, and perhaps the overuse of exclamation marks?


Could well be, but somehow I couldn't resist replying anyway.

I really must learn to back out of arguments one day... On the other hand, nah, why should I?

 
bobwilson
415692.  Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:48 pm Reply with quote

Mr Neuman! You represent all that is wrong with Britain today. You're not British! You don't even bother to occupy a place in Britain! I bet you even talk with a South African accent!

All I can say is Thank God for proudsaman. Willing to stand up for the proud South African White emigre who has had the courage to leave his homeland and set up home in the UK. Of all posters on this site only jakamnesiak has had similar courage in explaining why he, as a comedian, is uniquely placed to deliver an appropriate sermon on a chosen specialist subject.

PS - can you recommend a good book on African history?

 

Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are GMT - 5 Hours


Display posts from previous:   

Search Search Forums

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group