View previous topic | View next topic

Racists comments about South Africans

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

dr.bob
822113.  Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote

I'm an individual, just like everyone else.

Sherbrooke
822158.  Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:22 am Reply with quote

When I talk about SA humour, I'm not saying that everyone has the same sense of humour or even necessarily find the same things funny, but each culture must have shared items of humour that pertain specifically to that country. We have a comedian called Leon Schuster. Some people find him funny, some do not, however his humour has a SA "flavour". He pokes fun at SA politicians and celebrities, SA radio shows, local sports stars, local cuisine and local news items. This humour would not be understood by anyone who does not experience these things on a daily basis. In Canada the "newfies" are joked about. People who do know what a "newfie" is, might not enjoy the joke.

This means that there are shared experiences that makes a culture unique.

As for the music: there are certain somgs like "Shosholoza" and the "Waka waka song" (from the World cup) that tend to cross cultures and seem to be enjoyed by everyone, not necessarily because they are good songs but because of the shared experience from living together as a culture and no matter what taste you may have certain things just strike a national chord. Unity in diversity.

CB27
822187.  Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:49 am Reply with quote

Jenny wrote:
I'm not.

There's always one...

Or two...

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4