View previous topic | View next topic

Missing Comments

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Arcane
410064.  Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:44 am Reply with quote

Threads with 0 replies as well?

and I've just found some mouldy spam by accident (already put in the SPAM thread) at post 369321. Popvoucher thingie.

suze
410121.  Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quote

samivel wrote:
Sing Song Qing Qong could probably go.

That's very much on the list of things for me to take a look at in a few weeks' time - I made precisely that suggestion last time we were short of space, and then people suddenly started playing it again! I'd rather like TQQ to stay though, partly because there are some good jokes in it and partly because there are also some Quite Interesting factoids which appear nowhere else on the site.

barbados wrote:
I'd guess and say that anything that has less than say 20 posts in and appears later that page 50 on General Banter could probably be cut.

In principle, that's probably right. But there's a definite reluctance to delete anything from other than the Games forum without reading it first. That takes time, and the sort of threads you have in mind don't really take up very much space, so it's a bit further down the list.

reddy wrote:
I've just found some mouldy spam by accident

Good spot that woman! Consider it gone ...

barbados
410159.  Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote

It might be an idea to start at the bottom and work up then, but as I said if it's general banter and hasn't been added to since February, it's probably not going to be missed

suze
410249.  Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote

Indeed not, and it would certainly be a valid exercise. As you suggest, starting from the bottom would be the way to go.

Until we've done some of the less labour intensive things which can be done to free up some space we won't know how pressing is the need for such an exercise, but it's certainly something we'll be keeping in mind.

Arcane
410284.  Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Suze! Twas looking at some old games when I found it had a distinct whiff of Eau d' Spam - I'd seen a similar format in previous spam.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2