View previous topic | View next topic

Releasing the other QI DVDs

Page 1 of 1

Ian Dunn
1076561.  Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 am Reply with quote

I know that this has been a thorny subject - the fact that only Series A-C have been fully released in the UK. But I think I have come across a way of getting these series out, which the Elves may want to consider.

Recently a Scottish company called All The Anime has released secured the release of two animated feature films, Mai Mai Miracle and Patema Inverted, using Kickstarter. Not only that, but they were fully funded very quickly and earned way more than their original goals. Both reached their targets in less than a day (Source 1 and Source 2). I know QI says that one of reasons given as to why they have never brought out the DVDs of the other series is cost and copyright, but Japan is a lot stricter on copyright than the UK is.

I would argue that if you put up a Kickstarter to release Series D as a test, you would easily reach whatever target you set.

(Sorry if someone has mentioned this idea already.)

knightmare
1076568.  Tue May 27, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote

Quote:
But I think I have come across a way of getting these series out, which the Elves may want to consider.

Recently a Scottish company called All The Anime has released secured the release of two animated feature films, Mai Mai Miracle and Patema Inverted, using Kickstarter.

Why should an investor pay your copyright fees, for example related to the copyright of pictures and films displayed during the shows?

Ian Dunn
1076572.  Tue May 27, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote

knightmare wrote:
Why should an investor pay your copyright fees, for example related to the copyright of pictures and films displayed during the shows?

To be fair I dislike copyright too. I don't know about British shows, but when it comes to anime like those films, Britain is usually always left out, and British anime fans as so desperate to get anything released over here they will pay just about anything.

Page 1 of 1