View previous topic | View next topic

Future guests who've not been on before.

Page 40 of 41
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

zomgmouse
1049045.  Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Oh, please no. I really dislike him.

Bumbumbum Cumbumbum.

AlmondFacialBar
1075642.  Thu May 22, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote

Richard Fortey

He knows a whole lot about a whole lot and is good at explaining it, he is erudite and he has a self-depreciating sense of humour that would keep him from sliding into Giles Brandreth territory. Anyone?

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

franticllama
1075724.  Thu May 22, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote

How about Matt Parker, the stand up mathematician?? He's funny, interesting and intelligent.

bluewhale97
1131985.  Sun May 03, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Richard Ayoade (from The IT Crowd)

Spud McLaren
1153932.  Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:13 am Reply with quote

Nicola Walker, currently appearing in River and a host of other things, for which reason she might be too busy, but heigh ho.

Dr Michael Mosley.

Jenny
1153940.  Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:54 am Reply with quote

I bet they won't get Trevor Noah again in a hurry!

Stefan Linnemann
1153957.  Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote

But, who knows, Jon might be interested?

suze
1261111.  Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Excuse the massive thread necrophilia, but no less a person than Bradley Walsh has put forward a person who ought to appear on QI.

"You ought to go on QI", he said to Dr S K "Paul" Sinha. "Quite irritating", explained Sir Bradley, but does he make a decent suggestion all the same?

Dr Sinha is not currently practising medicine, because he's far too busy being a professional quizzer at the same time as being a professional stand-up comedian. He's appeared on various panel shows on TV and radio, both as a comedian and as a "straight" commentator (despite not being straight, before anyone else points it out).

Would he be worth seeing on QI, or would he just try to win?

While musing on the Chase/QI interface, am I right in thinking that Jenny "The Vixen" Ryan was at one time a member of the Elfhood?

fwk
1261114.  Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:24 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
Excuse the massive thread necrophilia

Thread necrophilia is in the urban dictionary but I'm not sure necrophilia is quite the right word, for any occasion. Wouldn't reanimation be better?

Bondee
1261135.  Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:27 am Reply with quote

suze wrote:
"You ought to go on QI", he said to Dr S K "Paul" Sinha. "Quite irritating", explained Sir Bradley, but does he make a decent suggestion all the same?

Yes! I have to admit that my "personal" knowledge of him comes from his appearances on Richard Herring's Leicester Square Theatre Podcast* and The Comedian's Comedian Podcast but, yes, I think he'd be brilliant on QI.

*or, as all the cool kids are calling it...

Paul-R
1261166.  Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote

Dr Sinha gets my vote.

Baryonyx
1261332.  Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:10 am Reply with quote

He had a great entry on Museum of Curiosity with CB Fry's mantlepiece so I reckon he's had the perfect audition

ali
1261343.  Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:34 am Reply with quote

fwk wrote:
suze wrote:

Thread necrophilia is in the urban dictionary but I'm not sure necrophilia is quite the right word, for any occasion. Wouldn't reanimation be better?

I think that the usual term is 'thread necromancy' based on the mistaken belief that a necromancer is someone who raises corpses (this is 'not done' in polite society), rather than one who divines the future by consulting the dead (though why they should know the future is a mystery to me as they are surely from the past).

crissdee
1261352.  Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:33 am Reply with quote

ali wrote:
I think that the usual term is 'thread necromancy' based on the mistaken belief that a necromancer is someone who raises corpses.

A fallacy promoted in the excellent "Johannes Cabal*" books by Johnathon L Howerd.

*A role that Rutger Hauer was surely born to play.

dstarfire
1262915.  Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:54 pm Reply with quote

fwk wrote:
suze wrote:

On other forums, you'd have a valid point. But here, where 100+ page multi-year threads are the most active, necrophilia is probably more apt.

Page 40 of 41
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next