View previous topic | View next topic

Future guests who've not been on before.

Page 3 of 41
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

AlmondFacialBar
356513.  Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quote

and he should provide the buzzers... ;-)

maiden - pmsl?

:-)

AlmondFacialBar

suze
356730.  Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:48 am Reply with quote

Performing Micturition Simultaneously to Laughter.

Well OK, that's not the usual expansion of PMSL, but it comes to the same thing!

AlmondFacialBar
356752.  Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:52 am Reply with quote

nicely put, ma'am... ;-)

AlmondFacialBar

DJ One Record
360108.  Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:54 pm Reply with quote

Earlier on in this thread, I suggested:

DJ One Record wrote:
It would never happen in a million years, but I'd love to see Tom Waits on the show.

Tom Waits was interviewed by, erm, himself in The Independent's 'Arts & Books Review' supplement today, and it's proper QI - a superb read.

Included within its reams are such interesting (and familiar to everyone here) nuggets as the Siamese twin who was spared conviction due to his other twin being innocent, the barnacle's relatively huge penis and early violin strings being made from catgut (well alright, we all have our off moments). He also mentions the Chevy Nova car not selling too well in Latin America due to "no va" translating into Spanish as "no go", and tells a story of how a team of engineers raised a sunken Japanese freighter from a the bottom of Tokyo harbour by injecting its hull with millions of ping-pong balls.

I rest my case.

AlmondFacialBar
360113.  Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote

right, the great man will have to be contacted. :-D

AlmondFacialBar

maiden
360133.  Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
Performing Micturition Simultaneously to Laughter.

Well OK, that's not the usual expansion of PMSL, but it comes to the same thing!

Thank you suze .... that saved me from being my usual crass self *salutes*

:)

swot
360510.  Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quote

Quote:
Q: What's the most curious record in your collection?

A: In the Seventies, a record company in LA issued a record called The Best of Marcel Marceau. It had 40 minutes of silence followed by applause and it sold really well. I like to put it on for company. It really bothers me, though, when people talk through it.

:D I'm in love.

dr.bob
361566.  Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quote

DJ One Record wrote:
early violin strings being made from catgut (well alright, we all have our off moments).

Oh dear.

DJ One Record wrote:
He also mentions the Chevy Nova car not selling too well in Latin America due to "no va" translating into Spanish as "no go"

Oh dear oh dear!
post 140928

DJ One Record wrote:
and tells a story of how a team of engineers raised a sunken Japanese freighter from a the bottom of Tokyo harbour by injecting its hull with millions of ping-pong balls.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

http://www.iusmentis.com/patents/priorart/donaldduck/

Stefan Linnemann
361737.  Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:36 am Reply with quote

dr.bob wrote:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear!

http://www.iusmentis.com/patents/priorart/donaldduck/

The page behind that link wonders how the Donald Duck story came to the attention of the Patent Office. Well, that's easy, the Netherlands were one of the first countries to translate and publish the Donald Duck comic magazine, and it quickly became a household staple throughout the postwar Netherlands. This success encouraged the Dutch publishers to write and draw their own stories, and they achieved such quality, that the Dutch publishers became one of the few foreign publishers to acquire the right to write and publish their own DD stories from the WDC. At any rate, the DD was read by every member of the family, children and adults alike, so the Dutch patent office staff probably would have read the translated story personally, if not all of them, then likely most of them.

Stefan.

DJ One Record
361928.  Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Oh well, sod him then.

AlmondFacialBar
432977.  Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote

has frankie boyle been mention yet? i think he'd rock as a panellist.

AlmondFacialBar

bobwilson
432997.  Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote

What about the tub of lard that stood in for (was it Roy Hattersley) on HIGNFY? OK - it didn't contribute a lot but when it did it was bloody funny.

Jbeckwith
437427.  Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:04 pm Reply with quote

Paul Merton on QI maybe? Although he's more funny than full of facts. And is there a thing about bad blood between him & Stephen over Angus Deayton, or am I making that up?

Jbeckwith
437428.  Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Also Ross Noble gets my vote, he is the greatest.

FingersLily
469011.  Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:23 am Reply with quote

I have checked & can confirm that none of these have been on so far (or will be on during the 'F' series). I'd love to see...

1. Paul Merton
2. Catherine Tate
3. Tim Brooke-Taylor
4. Frankie Boyle
5. Jimmy Mulville
6. Stephen Merchant
7. Robert Webb
8. Ricky Gervais
9. David Tennant

Page 3 of 41
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next