View previous topic | View next topic

Balls

Page 1 of 1

Bunter
345279.  Mon May 26, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Which dictator only had one ball?

F: Hitler

A: Chairman Mao

According to Mao's physician, Dr Li Zhisui - Chairman Mao had only one ball on display:

Quote:
Mao also had an undescended testicle and was infertile.

There's plenty more interesting stuff from the source here:

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA-Pilot/issues/1995/vp950319/03140268.htm

MatC
345290.  Mon May 26, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote

You'd have to have a forfeit screen ready for "Thatcher," surely ...

Flash
345320.  Mon May 26, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Point of detail, thought: the answer "Hitler" is also right, isn't it?

suze
345322.  Mon May 26, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote

This one is a bit tricky, I think. First of all, having an undescended testicle is not the same thing as having only one testicle.

But more importantly, while the matter has never been and will never be satisfactorily proven, there's some evidence to suggest that Hitler really did only have one. See, for instance, Straight Dope.

While there is even less in the way of proof than there is for Hitler, it is often claimed that Napoleon too was deficient in this department.

Bunter
345348.  Mon May 26, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote

My conclusion from the Straight Dope article is that there is no defining proof that Hitler had one ball:

Quote:
None of Hitler's doctors or attendants had ever mentioned anything about a missing testicle, and his medical records were silent on the subject. A woman who claimed to have been his lover said he was normally equipped. Moreover, the autopsy report said Hitler's body showed no external wounds, even though all the German witnesses mentioned a shot through the head.

On the other hand, Mao conclusively had only one descended testicle.

Take it as you want...

Flash
345427.  Mon May 26, 2008 4:53 pm Reply with quote

I suppose there's a possible line which says: "what do these three have in common?" and the answer is arguably quite interesting. I'd like to hear some views on this, though. My own view has always been that mocking the genitalia of such people is a curious response which says more about us than it does about them, but maybe that's a bit po-faced.

Views, please.

Frederick The Monk
345441.  Mon May 26, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Considering the fairly detailed accounts left by Napoleon's mistresses - especially those he shared with Wellington (who sort of 'collected' them after Waterloo) I'd be surprised that that left out the fact that he only had one. They all claim Wellington was bigger and better (well they would wouldn't they?) but none of them mention the underachievement in the testicle category.

suze
345444.  Mon May 26, 2008 5:30 pm Reply with quote

True enough Fred - so the Napoleon story is probably from the realm of whatever urban myth was called 200 years ago.

Bunter quite rightly notes that there is no convincing proof of Hitler's deficiency, but there is circumstantial evidence for it and that Straight Dope piece believes on balance that it was so.

Flash, I get where you're coming from re the whole thing being a bit tasteless. But since all three men are dead and are not in general considered to have been A Good Thing, is it perhaps permissible on this occasion?

Flash
345457.  Mon May 26, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote

My misgivings aren't so much a matter of taste as a feeling that it's unworthy of us to say: "this guy was a bloodthirsty warmongering sociopath, but we're going to base our contempt for him on a playground jibe about the size of his genitals". It's such a primitive line to take. But you're right, I'm sure this is just me being pompous.

On the other hand, I do like the implication of Fred's post - are you saying, Fred, that Wellington went out of his way to involve himself with Napoleon's former mistresses? If so that may be a very interesting anthropological phenomenon, the sort of thing you'd expect to see a young gnu bull or something doing after he has defeated the old bull in a fight.

I've got a question which involves Wellington in my outline for Rx9, so at minimum this would be a good note.

Normsan
836927.  Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:08 am Reply with quote

Chairman Mao had at least 10 children, possibly more unaccounted for, how was he infertile?
Or do you mean at time of death or in the undecended testicle!

Page 1 of 1