View previous topic | View next topic

C Series DVD?

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

BenFilbert
332877.  Thu May 08, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote

With the first 2 series released on DVD, are there plans to release the third?

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. With all these different parts of the messageboard I had no idea where to ask! :)

Ameena
332903.  Thu May 08, 2008 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Current release date for Series C is some time in September, I believe :).

BenFilbert
333341.  Fri May 09, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote

Thanks very much. Hopefully series 4 too because the DVD I did from when I recorded it off the TV doesn't work well. Kind of pauses and skips a couple of minutes. There's a scratch on it!!! Argh!!! :(

Mushroomoid Miss
358462.  Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Series C is due to be released on 1st of September!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!

Kingbarney
400656.  Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:27 pm Reply with quote

I got mine this morning, who else has theirs ?

Ameena
400690.  Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote

Me! :D
Probably won't get round to watching it till the weekend, though. Looking forward to seeing the fantastic "Cushing" thing again :D.

petipetra
400901.  Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quote

I got an email saying it's on its way to this side of the north sea now! :) it'll hopefully arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!

Kingbarney
400904.  Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:08 am Reply with quote

Watch out the streaker in the deleted scenes (cast-offs).

petipetra
402759.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote

^ I will

The DVD arrived yesterday, but I wasn't home, so I'm going to watch it tonight :)

Andrew
402948.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Mine arrived today....including the spelling / grammar errors on the back ;-)

Loving the deleted scenes :-D

Kingbarney
402952.  Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
...including the spelling / grammar errors on the back ;-)

I think you may bought faked copy.....

smegslayer
408500.  Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:19 pm Reply with quote

I have my C series dvd which i love but where is the christmas episode? These are always one of the best each series!

DJ One Record
410647.  Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quote

No Xmas episode in Series C, sadly, although that last episode with Bailey, Jupitus and O'Briain is certainly no slouch. Possibly my all-time fave QI episode, actually.

Some wonderful stuff in the deleted scenes on this DVD, btw. Fans of Rory McGrath can enjoy Sean Lock getting told off by Fry and haters of McGrath can enjoy Fry breaking out one of his favourite insults at him. Something for everyone there.

Ameena
410842.  Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote

I just finished watching my DVD as well - ahh, I'd forgotten half of what happened in those episodes. The deleted bits were fantastic, and it was great to see the "Cushing" extra again for the first time since they showed it at one of the recordings I went to back in May :D.

Milvus
411262.  Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:16 am Reply with quote

I've just finished watching the C Series, and it was great fun as usual. I did notice a couple of glaring errors regarding Chinese, though, and was really surprised there was no retraction about Rory McGrath's untrue statement about there being no 'ch' sound in Chinese. It's an extremely common sound in Chinese (there are hundreds of words beginning with 'ch' in Mandarin, and it's common in Cantonese and the other regional Chinese languages too), and sounds just like the 'ch' in English. They really should correct this sort of thing, especially when it's stated with such certainty (I wonder how many people now have it lodged in their heads that what McGrath claimed is a fact?).

Otherwise, it was as enjoyable as the first two series, although I sometimes think a little too much time is wasted in the guests being silly/vulgar. A little bit of that goes a long way, and too much quickly becomes irritating.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next