View previous topic | View next topic

So how did it go then?

Page 1 of 1

Jenny
331819.  Tue May 06, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote

I am posting this in the F Series General Ignorance forum, because I am generally ignorant about how it all went and would like to know...

What worked? What didn't? Who were the guests? What questions did you use? Any or all of these questions are burning my brain as I type. All revelations gratefully received.

eggshaped
332124.  Wed May 07, 2008 8:49 am Reply with quote

Hi Jenny,

Both shows have gone well, I feel.

The first show was about fingers & fumbs & faces, and included Phill Jupitus, Jo Brand and Dara O'Briain. Questions were about Rock, Paper, Scissors; the Thatcher Effect; the Horny Devil; Resusci Annie and many others.

We had a fuck forfeit, which, when triggered would allow someone to play RPS with Stephen for "double-or-quits". That bit of business went well, but another gimmick, where we attempted a trick to hide notices saying "Alan will choose scissors" and "Alan will choose Rock" didn't work because Alan found one of the notices.

The second show was about the future with guests: Ben Miller (first show), Rob Brydon and Sean Lock. The show started off a little science-y, due to Ben's great knowledge of particle physics, but the gags soon got going, with a particular highlight being the fact that Ben and Rob look very similar, and got more and more chummy throughout the show before what I think is QI's first ever gay kiss!

Questions included "Where are all the time travellers", "have robots ever invaded the UK", and "How much of Guyana's rainforest has been destroyed".

Jenny
332449.  Wed May 07, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote

Sounds fabulous eggshaped - thanks. Keep me posted on the rest, please?

I gather from some conversation on the F series thread that one of our newly-registered posters yelled 'masturbate' and is, apparently, tickled pink to think he may be broadcast. Sadly, I came over all po-faced and banned the username and emailed to tell him so before I read all that, but hey ho we all make misjudgments.

Flash
332476.  Thu May 08, 2008 2:56 am Reply with quote

It won't be broadcast - it was during a re-take, and didn't get in the way of anything.

Jenny
332964.  Thu May 08, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Well that will take the wind out of his celebratory thread!

dr.bob
350310.  Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:30 am Reply with quote

A month on, I think it's time to resurrect this thread. It's quite fun for a remote observer to monitor the varying levels of activity on the F Series Research forums that correspond with filming days.

As I've now come to the conclusion that I have too little money, too few holidays, and too much work on at the moment to be able to make it down to attend any of the recordings in person, I'd be interested to hear how things are going.

I guess you're about 8 shows in now. How did things go with people who've not been on the show before. I'm thinking particularly of people like Hugh Dennis, Pam Ayres and John Sergeant.

eggshaped
350324.  Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:41 am Reply with quote

I think the overriding impression of this year's newbies has been very positive. There have been few, if any, rabbit-in-the-headlights moments.

Pam Ayres acquitted herself admirably in the face of Johnny Vegas's onslaught, though in that recording he certainly stole the show. I think that John Sargeant began a little bit too much in quiz-mode, but he soon got the hang of it, and was quite funny in places. Hugh Dennis was less of a gamble I think, with his panel-show pedigree, and he performed pretty well.

Of course all those are MHO, maybe some of the other elves think that a few guests haven't worked as well?

Jenny
350499.  Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote

Thanks for resurrecting the thread dr.bob - I want to hear all about it as well!

Jenny
359836.  Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quote

How was Emma Thompson? The Green Room thread crowd loved her.

Page 1 of 1