View previous topic | View next topic

Boriswatch

Page 2 of 23
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next

suze
331019.  Mon May 05, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quote

QiScorpion wrote:
Anyone know how he's had to resign as MP for Henley?

He does not have to, in fact.

The reason that he has announced an attention to do so is simple - he doesn't feel that he can do justice to both jobs at the same time. I think he is correct there, and a by-election in Henley will be fairly low profile since the chance of any party other than the Conservatives winning it is vanishingly small.

QiScorpion
331042.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:00 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
QiScorpion wrote:

The reason that he has announced an attention to do so is simple - he doesn't feel that he can do justice to both jobs at the same time. I think he is correct there, and a by-election in Henley will be fairly low profile since the chance of any party other than the Conservatives winning it is vanishingly small.

i was told (by my parents, who are self confessed experts on everything, despite not being so) he did have to. oh well. still the Chiltern Hundreds is/are interesting

cnb
331050.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
i was told (by my parents, who are self confessed experts on everything, despite not being so) he did have to.

Either you, or your parents, misunderstood. He did not have to resign, because an MP can't resign. He wanted to devote his time to the mayoral position, so he therefore had to be relieved of his MPs position through some other means. The only other means available is death, or an 'office of profit', so in order to remain alive to be mayor, he had to apply for the Stewardship of the Chiltern Hundreds.

djgordy
331055.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote

suze wrote:
QiScorpion wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if Ken Livingstone stood for the Labour Party and got himself elected.

I would imagine that Ken will stand for Parliament somewhere at the next election. I'd even think about putting a bet on that he stands against George Galloway.

General_Woundwort
331061.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd even think about putting a bet on that he stands against George Galloway.

You're actually assume he is still standing in Bethnal Green. As for Ken, wait a bit, get invited back in to keep a few projects running... 2012 elections.

Sebastian flyte
331063.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote

http://www.boriswatch.com/

Thought I should link the boriswatch website.

General_Woundwort
331070.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quote

Now that's a turn-up for the books. A Watch site actually being on the side of the watched. You of all people, Seb, should know the danger of the Bullingdon Club.

Sebastian flyte
331080.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote

General_Woundwort wrote:
Now that's a turn-up for the books. A Watch site actually being on the side of the watched. You of all people, Seb, should know the danger of the Bullingdon Club.

Oh very good :) Although I'm sadly not old enough to go to Oxford, I wonder if Boris got dumped in mercury like Anthony Blanche was threatened with. :) although I suspect he would be more dumper than dumpee, he and Cameron..such thugs? hmmm?

djgordy
331082.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote

Sebastian flyte wrote:
Although I'm sadly not old enough to go to Oxford,

Why? Are there signs on the roads leading into Oxford saying "RU 18?".

Sebastian flyte
331084.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote

djgordy wrote:
Sebastian flyte wrote:
Although I'm sadly not old enough to go to Oxford,

Why? Are there signs on the roads leading into Oxford saying "RU 18?".

Okay..I have been to oxford, I spent three lovely weeks at MCS, I'm not old enough for the Uni, or bright enough, actually. Yet :)

cnb
331085.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:33 pm Reply with quote

They have two-dimensional cutouts of bearded men in academic robes, holding one hand out five feet from the ground, and with the other holding a sign reading 'you must be taller than this to study here.'

Sebastian flyte
331087.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote

cnb wrote:
They have two-dimensional cutouts of bearded men in academic robes, holding one hand out five feet from the ground, and with the other holding a sign reading 'you must be taller than this to study here.'

Excellent! Uni here I come! *stands up does a turn* 5 foot ten inches...I thank you. *bows*

General_Woundwort
331090.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
or bright enough, actually.

Well, find solace in Catholicism.

Sebastian flyte
331093.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quote

General_Woundwort wrote:
Quote:
or bright enough, actually.

Well, find solace in Catholicism.

Would you like that? I think I prefer to find my solace in the fact that I should be bright enough when the time comes, that and my fabulous life and friends.

cnb
331096.  Mon May 05, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Excellent! Uni here I come!

Good. You'll still need to be invited to join the Bullingdon Club though... Is Boris as much a fan of you as you are of him?

Page 2 of 23
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 21, 22, 23  Next