View previous topic | View next topic

Fire & Freezing: Firemen's Poles

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

PDR
1212737.  Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:39 am Reply with quote

pmailkeey wrote:
Alfred E Neuman wrote:
Well, not everyone who gets in here is intelligent, but those of us who are prefer that you substantiate your claims with facts.

Well I disagree when it comes to what ought to be common knowledge.

In my experience the problem with "common knowledge" is that it's rarely either - a characteristic it shares with "common sense". If the knowledge is "coomon" they it should be easy to support the assertion with verifiable facts - contemnprary reports, peer-reviewed studies, survey data, academic research etc. So please do.

Quote:

A person doesn't have to be employed there - premises operators in the UK have a duty of care of even trespassers.

So they might, but that still doesn't make it their "worlkplace". I suppose you could construe that my house is the workplace of the scroat who comes into it to steal my stuff, but I'm afraid that I'm not going to get particularly interested in the HSE's failure to conduct investigations into the incidence of workplace injuries to burglars, rapists and murderers.

Quote:

So at least you agree that it is an 'HSE thing' where the trigger is connected with the place !

Suicides and self-harm incidents, along with death in working time due to natural causes, road traffic accidents and air/sea/rail accidents, explicitly excluded from the HSE's jurisdiction as a matter of law - these are investigated by other official bodies so if they investigated them it would be a misuse of taxpayer's money.

But to return to your original post:

pmailkeey wrote:
The HSE ignore most deaths in the workplace. That's because they happen in care homes and hospitals and such. They're not even interested in suicides in the workplace.

This is patently untrue. It only takes a few seconds for a competent person to find evidence like this report which refute your assertion. It's as obvious as the causes of fuselage torque-reaction in a helicopter.

PDR

pmailkeey
1212742.  Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:00 am Reply with quote

'yorz wrote:
The way I see it:

HSE relates to occupational risks , ergo is for the employees.

No, that's not correct. For example the HSE examines fairground ride incidents not involving employees.

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2